Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Beware Smoker Craft Rebate !!! Not standing tall!!!!! - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Bone Orchard > WC Bone Yard

Old 09-24-2017, 03:42 PM
Minnow

Default Beware Smoker Craft Rebate !!! Not standing tall!!!!!

Purchased Starweld 1900 on September 9, 2017 after discovering a rebate available through Smokercraft. Nice boat. However, the dealer was never notified of such a rebate. I presented all the on line promos and the dealer contacted Smoker Craft submitting the same.....receipts for purchase etc...Rebate DENIED. Not sure why. There is no good reason. Will Smoker Craft not honor their warranty either? Spent over $ 27K. If Smoker Craft has a problem with the dealer, not my problem....We'll see what the courts say and the AG in IN as well as the BBB.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2017, 03:56 PM
Wallhanger

Location: Land of 10,000 lakes, even more taxes and the state where the police are handcuffed.

Perhaps instead of ranting here you first find out why it was denied. Threats on a public forum won't get you anywhere. Companies do monitor these things you know. Get the facts first, then come back here and rip away if you feel they have it coming.
Congrats on the new boat.
Old 09-24-2017, 04:20 PM
Wallhanger

Rebates are always all about the fine print. Its probably only good on boats that have 5 blade props or some crazy deal like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2017, 01:12 AM
Super Moderator

[QUOTE=barter1;5780785]Purchased Starweld 1900 on September 9, 2017 after discovering a rebate available through Smokercraft. Nice boat. However, the dealer was never notified of such a rebate. I presented all the on line promos and the dealer contacted Smoker Craft submitting the same.....receipts for purchase etc...Rebate DENIED. Not sure why. There is no good reason. Will Smoker Craft not honor their warranty either? Spent over $ 27K. If Smoker Craft has a problem with the dealer, not my problem....We'll see what the courts say and the AG in IN as well as the BBB.[/QUOTE]

So, let me get this straight...you purchased this boat based solely on a rebate you found, but you didn't find out if the dealer could actually get this rebate on your purchase, before paying for it....especially, since your dealer didn't even know about it?

And, now you're posting your first post on WC to bash Smokercraft over something YOU neglected to find out? And, you're going to take them to court, file a complaint with the BBB, and the AG? Wow. SMH
NPAA#89
Guide (Lake Erie Western Basin)
Vexus DVX22 Merc 400 Verado
Humminbird Helix 12s
MinnKota Terrova 112
Old 09-25-2017, 03:56 AM
Charter Member

Barter 1,
The good news is that it has been less then 30 days.

Return the rig for a full refund under the Consumer law that protects against bad decisions.

There is such a law isn't there? Put the money back in the bank and enjoy your hard water season.

Be safe and be an informed and knowledgeable consumer.
Old 09-25-2017, 04:51 AM
Charter Member

Companies love to wiggle out of rebates! So much fine print and you have to jump through each hoop correctly. Why give rebates instead of just discounting the price at purchase? Why, because they will find a way to deny the rebate. It sounds like you had your ducks in a row, if it was a mistake on the dealers part, the company should still honor the rebate. I swear, some companies just love to wear you down till you give up. If you are a working man or woman with a family, it's tough to keep up the pressure. One of the things I enjoy about retirement is having the time to pursue issues like you are having. I get like a junkyard dog, latch on and don't let go! Good Luck to you!
Old 09-25-2017, 05:45 AM
Minnow

[QUOTE=That Minnesota guy;5780841]Perhaps instead of ranting here you first find out why it was denied. Threats on a public forum won't get you anywhere. Companies do monitor these things you know. Get the facts first, then come back here and rip away if you feel they have it coming.
Congrats on the new boat.[/QUOTE]Not really a rant. Just a heads up for would be buyers to follow through on whether the rebate qualifies for them. The facts are simple....the issues appear to be with the dealer, not me. Oh...also, no threats.
Old 09-25-2017, 06:41 AM
Charter Member

Barter,
I am slightly confused.
I expect that you are a big boy.
I expect that you understand business and the rules of buying and selling.

I further assume that you would not make a purchase, and give someone a check for a product that was available for something less than the check that you were asked to write.

Why in the world are you asking or complaining about a rebate that never materialized?

Whey did you not have the lowered price on the contract - including the rebate before you ever wrote the check for the deal?

Really?
Old 09-25-2017, 07:01 AM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=REW;5781833]Barter 1,
The good news is that it has been less then 30 days.

Return the rig for a full refund under the Consumer law that protects against bad decisions.

There is such a law isn't there? Put the money back in the bank and enjoy your hard water season.

Be safe and be an informed and knowledgeable consumer.[/QUOTE]

Most rebates are all BS.............don't get half of the ones I should.....

But I would REALLY like to hear MORE about this law REW......is this just in Minnut land or all over the country ? ? ?
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra
Old 09-25-2017, 07:03 AM
Minnow

[QUOTE=REW;5782041]Barter,
I am slightly confused.
I expect that you are a big boy.
I expect that you understand business and the rules of buying and selling.

I further assume that you would not make a purchase, and give someone a check for a product that was available for something less than the check that you were asked to write.

Why in the world are you asking or complaining about a rebate that never materialized?

Whey did you not have the lowered price on the contract - including the rebate before you ever wrote the check for the deal?

Really?[/QUOTE]A bit over sensitive about this aren't you? You want to call people names. Sure, I'm a "big boy". Obviously, a little bigger then you. Yes, all my fault.