Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Summer boat storage near kenora - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 11-20-2021, 09:44 AM
Wallhanger

Default Summer boat storage near kenora

I was thinking of leaving my boat on way to, in or near Kenora for the summer season. Is there a safe reasonable place to store a boat where I would have in and out access to it? I go up to LOW a couple times a year and would probably do more if I wasn't towing back and forth.
Do any of you non-residents leave your boats in Canada for fishing season?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2021, 11:16 AM
Wallhanger

Location: Land of 10,000 lakes, even more taxes and the state where the police are handcuffed.

Not LOTW but I had a guy from Iowa leave his Ranger at my place this summer. Saved him from dragging it back & forth. I'm in International Falls and he was fishing Rainy. I could do the same for you if it's not to far out of the way.
Old 11-20-2021, 12:30 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Minnesota guy View Post
Not LOTW but I had a guy from Iowa leave his Ranger at my place this summer. Saved him from dragging it back & forth. I'm in International Falls and he was fishing Rainy. I could do the same for you if it's not to far out of the way.
Woodland marine just west of Kenora has storage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2021, 06:03 AM
Minnow

Default Proof of Ownership or title

This question has me wondering about any legal requirements to be able to leave one's boat in a "foreign" country. Has anyone ever been asked by a border agent to show proof of ownership or title documentation for your boat when crossing the border in either direction ? I just wonder given the laws around importation of boats and or vehicles. Just curious.
Old 11-23-2021, 06:10 AM
Keeper

You could check with your outfitter unless you go to multiple locations.

I have fished Witch Bay a few times on Lake of the Woods and there is a hand full of guys that leave their boats their all summer long. Some really nice Ranger Boats sitting on the trailers waiting for their owners to come use them and drag them home in the fall.

Actually I know one of the guys leaves his there full time. Witch Bay drags it to Kenora in the Fall to be winterized and stored and then picked up in the spring and is sitting at the dock when the guy comes up to fish.
Old 11-28-2021, 05:41 AM
Slot Fish

Default leaving a Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knutson21 View Post
You could check with your outfitter unless you go to multiple locations.

I have fished Witch Bay a few times on Lake of the Woods and there is a hand full of guys that leave their boats their all summer long. Some really nice Ranger Boats sitting on the trailers waiting for their owners to come use them and drag them home in the fall.

Actually I know one of the guys leaves his there full time. Witch Bay drags it to Kenora in the Fall to be winterized and stored and then picked up in the spring and is sitting at the dock when the guy comes up to fish.

I think you are speaking of a good friend of mine, whom I fish with when he is in town, who leaves his Ranger at Witch Bay all year. Steve and Gail are great folks and very accommodating. They do have customers leave boats for the summer and then have the boat ready when you make a return trip. It is a great help to not pull a boat 10-12 hours every time you make the trip north.
Old 12-09-2021, 03:56 PM
Wallhanger

Winnipeg Sports & Leisure (google WSL sport) would probably be able to do that. They have a marina and launch.
MinnKota Terrova 80/60/24 ipilot
Old 12-09-2021, 04:40 PM
Minnow

Default leaving boat

When you go into Canada you tell customs you will be leaving your boat and they will will give you a form to fill out. it does not cost any thing but, if boat is not come back within 90 days you must pay duty on the value of the boat.The form is to remain with the boat in case the MNR should find it they can determine how long its been in the country.