Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Star Trek - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 11-24-2021, 01:11 PM
Keeper

Default Star Trek

Any Star Trek fans on here? I just started watching the Discovery series and I might be addicted! Pretty good so far.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2021, 03:50 PM
Keeper

Not a big Trekie but I have watched all 3 seasons and enjoyed it . Season 4 starts next month I think.
Old 11-24-2021, 04:08 PM
Wallhanger

Where do you watch this? Streaming?
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2021, 04:17 PM
Charter Member

Have not seen it in years. Ran across old series on Amazon prime and started watching season one with Piicard. Kind of hokey, but something to watch when nothing else on TV. Seem to carry a moral story line. Was written in a more simpler time.

Is there still a series going?

Pooch

"Human beings seldom think for themselves... For the most part, members of our species simply repeat what they are told and become upset if they are exposed to any different view. The characteristic human trait is not awareness but conformity... We are stubborn, self-destructive conformists. Any other view of our species is just a self-congratulatory delusion."
Old 11-24-2021, 04:32 PM
Keeper

Paramount+,Hulu,and a few others. Discovery is pretty good a bit intense and a few translation subtitles if you're a fast reader.
Old 11-24-2021, 07:44 PM
Wallhanger

I have watched allot of Star Trek. The new Picard series is decent. I could not stand Discovery. The burnham leading Role runs around saving everyone. Making the other star fleet members look incompetent. Not obeying Captains orders. Plus many of the people on the ship seem to argue and give disparaging looks toward each other. I am surprised Discovery is still being made. As star trek people online have been ripping it apart. I pretty much gave up after four or five episodes. They even made the Klingons look totally different.
Old 11-25-2021, 06:11 PM
Minnow

I'm a big fan of TOS and the movies.
Old 11-25-2021, 09:05 PM
Wallhanger

Have seen a lot of the Trek stuff. The original series is pretty funny at times with the guys in Gorilla and dinosaur suits menacing them.
Old 11-28-2021, 08:28 PM
Wallhanger

Anson Mount (AMC's "H3ll on Wheels") does an excellent re-do of Captain Christopher Pike, pre-wheel chair.
He'll not only be portraying Pike on "Star Trek: Discovery" but also in a new spinoff "Star Trek: Strange New Worlds".
"Discovery", so far, appears to be one of the weaker Star Trek properties, despite some pretty good acting by several of the cast members.
Snowking is correct. Sonequa Martin-Green as Michael Burnham is just a waste of digital memory.
Basing the entire series around that character, as portrayed by Marti-Green, is probably WHY it doesn't even cut bait, let alone fish the storytelling well.
The script writers aren't the best either, delivering clichéd material that feels like they sent the previous umpteen iterations of the Star Trek universe through a paper shredder & reassembled it on a mock-up table with Dollar Store scotch tape.

"The Mandalorian" spinoff from Star Wars, however, is REALLY a good piece of work.
Jon Favreau nails the spirit of the early Star Wars movies, not that Clone Wars/Sith-era crap.
He's also directing the new "The Book of Boba Fett" series this winter, which should also be a hoot.
Anonymouse is no fan of animé but "Star Wars: The Bad Batch" first 2 seasons were actually enjoyable - for animé.

Last edited by Anonymouse; 11-28-2021 at 08:42 PM.