Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Website Hyperlink Question - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 11-30-2021, 07:19 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8go4s View Post
BS. I'm done.
I understand your comment.

Sorry, I guess I should have said that for me, the hyperlink is simply too cluttered with that domain name in the link that I would want to use it.
That being said the the link isn't worthless. Quite the contrary.
I appreciate the time you spent helping me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2021, 07:41 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre (wallyandre) View Post
Very easy to do. I just did a short vid to show you:
When you create a new post and want to add let's say: Amazon
you copy the amazon link, you start to write your message and when you want to add the short link, you click on the blue eatyh, erase the http that shows by default, insert your link the once in youre message it's going to be in blue, you just write Amazon , finish your post and save.
The short vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBn7-t8mWro
Thanks Andre !
I spent a lot of time on YouTube, vainly looking for the information you so graciously took the time to create in your video.
Creating a hyperlink isn't a big deal in my world.
But the challenge of not knowing how to do it and learning how to do it is simply something I pursue until I find a solution.
I have the time to spend on things like that because I am confined to my home for reasons I have no control over.

Both Gmail and Yahoo Mail have a simple method for creating hyperlinks in new messages.
I cannot figure out how to extract them from the message to use elsewhere.
Perhaps it isn't possible.
Old 12-09-2021, 08:05 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnboy View Post
Thanks Andre !
I spent a lot of time on YouTube, vainly looking for the information you so graciously took the time to create in your video.
Creating a hyperlink isn't a big deal in my world.
But the challenge of not knowing how to do it and learning how to do it is simply something I pursue until I find a solution.
I have the time to spend on things like that because I am confined to my home for reasons I have no control over.

Both Gmail and Yahoo Mail have a simple method for creating hyperlinks in new messages.
I cannot figure out how to extract them from the message to use elsewhere.
Perhaps it isn't possible.
Just float the cursor over the hyperlinky until it becomes an index finger pointing at the hyperlinky, then right-click & choose "Copy Linky", then paste the hyperlinky onto a notepad or into a word document and VOILA!.... you have the hyperlinky for use anywhere you want to paste it.
The hyperlinky control isn't in your user control panel - it's up-top-left in the reply/quote box's menu with the B for bold, I for italics, U for underline, etc. It's the one that lQQks like a blue-y globe of the earth.
Honestly, the original instruction set Anonymouse previously posted is about as simple as it gets, once you know where the hyperlinky button is (upper-left in the reply message box, NOT on the board proper).

Last edited by Anonymouse; 12-09-2021 at 08:13 PM.
Old 12-11-2021, 08:21 AM
Wallhanger

Thanks for the additional information.
But it seems there isn't a CP in the reply to thread function.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cp.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	232.4 KB
ID:	330762