Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Email spam getting harder to block - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 11-30-2021, 10:03 PM
Charter Member

I use Xfinity for an e-mail server.
I also have Norton's anti virus on my computer.
I also use a microsoft filter with my mail service which is Microsoft outlook.

Simply put, I just don't receive a noticeable amount of spam mail.

When I open my e-mail - I cruise through the header on the mail. If I don't recognize the header, the mail is never opened and the mail goes into the big dumpster without ever being opened.

I simply don't open any mail that I don't recognize and as a result, it seems that I don't get much repeat traffic from some of these obnoxious senders.

Best wishes and good luck

p.s.
I know that most of my children use G-mail and they have all set spam filters from G-mail. As a result, none of them are reporting any particular problems with spam mail either. G-mail has some pretty good filters on their mail service.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2021, 10:05 PM
Charter Member

For example:
Here are the instructions for setting up spam filters on E-mail that comes through the Xfinity server:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/arti...new-experience
Old 12-09-2021, 08:53 AM
Charter Member

Default follow up

Recently corresponded with Yahoo mail about another log in problem and support lady said they were having updates for spam filtering and after I described the strange characters in spam I was receiving she agreed. A week later all of the crazy spam stopped. So they must have figured out how to recognize and block it. Just a matter of time until the spammers figure out a work around.

Pooch

"Human beings seldom think for themselves... For the most part, members of our species simply repeat what they are told and become upset if they are exposed to any different view. The characteristic human trait is not awareness but conformity... We are stubborn, self-destructive conformists. Any other view of our species is just a self-congratulatory delusion."
Old 12-09-2021, 10:11 AM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooch View Post
şO•❤•.¸✿¸.•❤•.❀• 𝐎𝐩𝐞𝐧 𝐈𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐲! •❀.•❤•.¸✿¸.•❤•Oş

Is anyone else getting this crap? Anyone see a solution?

Pooch

I have a few Gmail accounts and one Hotmail account and don't get any spam to my inbox. I get a handful a day that go directly to my spam folder but never to my inbox. I don't have any rules set up because the Google and MS servers catch 99% of the spam themselves.

Get a new Gmail address for personal correspondence/banking/insurance only and set up a Hotmail account(s) for all the other crap you know you're gonna get spam from when you provide an email address.
Old 12-09-2021, 07:41 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by feesh007 View Post
I have a few Gmail accounts and one Hotmail account and don't get any spam to my inbox. I get a handful a day that go directly to my spam folder but never to my inbox. I don't have any rules set up because the Google and MS servers catch 99% of the spam themselves.

Get a new Gmail address for personal correspondence/banking/insurance only and set up a Hotmail account(s) for all the other crap you know you're gonna get spam from when you provide an email address.
6 of one, a half-dozen of the other.
Who do you want reading your private correspondence less, Bezos (Google-Alphabet), Gates (or whomever is now large & in-in charge at M$), or Verizon (Yahoo!)?
Anonymouse still does maintenance on an old Juno.com email address from 2001, set up on a dial-up modem. Nobody would ever think of hacking that old company but it's email addresses STILL work.

Last edited by Anonymouse; 12-09-2021 at 07:46 PM.