Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Spare Tire Mount Offset Adapter??? - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Trailers and Tow Vehicles

Old 03-15-2019, 05:01 PM
Wallhanger

I am thinking about 4 fender washers in the top studs, 2 washers in the middle and none on the bottom.

Marty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2019, 07:41 AM
Wallhanger

Have you ever considered carrying it in your tow vehicle ? I carry mine in the box of my truck. It is chained and padlocked to slow down or deter a thief.
I have occasionally locked it in the cab when I am on the water for a long day.
Old 03-16-2019, 12:37 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnboy View Post
Have you ever considered carrying it in your tow vehicle ? I carry mine in the box of my truck. It is chained and padlocked to slow down or deter a thief.
I have occasionally locked it in the cab when I am on the water for a long day.

Unfortunately, I am usually packed full (camping stuff, coolers, bags, etc.) in rear box. And it's only a 5.5 foot box, so square footage is at a premium.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2019, 11:55 AM
Charter Member

Do you have space anywhere on your trailer so that you could lay it flat and carry it that way.

It looks like there might be room in front of the fender to lay the tire flat. Or, so you have an area around or in front of the winch stand where you could lay the tire flat to carry it.

I have a completely different rig, but in my case, there is a nice flat spot on the front of the trailer to allow me to bolt the tire flat on the top of the tongue of the trailer for transport.

For example, take a look at this new Ranger on its trailer with the spare nestled down between the sides of the front of the trailer frame rails.

https://www.rangerboats.com/aluminum...-vx1888wt.html

I might guess that you could trade in your current trailer for a trailer similar to the one listed above to take care of your issue.

Take care

Last edited by REW; 03-17-2019 at 11:59 AM.
Old 03-30-2019, 08:29 AM
Keeper

Trade in Trailer just to get a different spare tire mount.? Really?