Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
'01 Crestliner Sportfish windshield issue... - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 08-23-2011, 11:26 PM
Minnow

Default '01 Crestliner Sportfish windshield issue...

Yet another issue...recently I've been looking into truing up the right hand (driver) windshield frame. It's slightly bent up because the prior owner wasn't using the cover properly. Sometimes I get water leaking thru the bottom seal. I Considered getting a new one because of the curves/extrusions. To my surprise the local dealer I work with says they aren't even made any more!!! Wow. He said someone wrecked their windshield from a snow cave in recently and insurance totaled the boat because of no parts???!?!?! WTF. I can't be the only one with this trouble...what can be done? Also my dealer did give me a brace kit that was fitted to those boats for the glass later in their lives but mine is bent and I might be tryin a lil body work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2011, 08:02 AM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyin' Ryan View Post
Yet another issue...recently I've been looking into truing up the right hand (driver) windshield frame. It's slightly bent up because the prior owner wasn't using the cover properly. Sometimes I get water leaking thru the bottom seal. I Considered getting a new one because of the curves/extrusions. To my surprise the local dealer I work with says they aren't even made any more!!! Wow. He said someone wrecked their windshield from a snow cave in recently and insurance totaled the boat because of no parts???!?!?! WTF. I can't be the only one with this trouble...what can be done? Also my dealer did give me a brace kit that was fitted to those boats for the glass later in their lives but mine is bent and I might be tryin a lil body work.
O

I would call Taylor made glass. I'm sure they have what you need. I got the same run around with trying to find a frame and glass for my 1999 fisher boat. It was very expensive thou.. Good luck
Old 08-25-2011, 08:51 AM
Charter Member

Flying,
A good solution is to remove all of the windshield from your boat and leave it off.

Much better visability and ventilation with no glass in front of the driver to cloud his vision.

Take care
REW
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2011, 09:08 AM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by REW View Post
Flying,
A good solution is to remove all of the windshield from your boat and leave it off.

Much better visability and ventilation with no glass in front of the driver to cloud his vision.

Take care
REW
Yes REW... good solution, really what's the point of a windshield. To **** with comfort. LOL