Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Mounting accessory cost - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 01-24-2021, 07:50 AM
Minnow

When I bought my new Lund I bought the electronics with the boat and there was no extra charge for the mounting. The cost of the electronics were slightly higher than buying it elsewhere and I figured that was the labour cost of mounting them but it was worth it at the time .
I have since upgraded the electronics and did the upgrade myself. It was fairly easy, just time consuming. It was nice have the old wiring in place as I used the old wiring to pull the new wiring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2021, 06:45 PM
Keeper

My AlumiCraft came with no electronics. I wanted to shop local but found out the store was charging me a significant price, and the installation was extra. I elected to install the trolling motor, Sonar, NEMA 2000, and Point One myself. I also installed tracks, a ladder. If you take your time, think things through, and study you tube and talk to people on this site, you will most likely be able to do it yourself. I am glad I did my own installation.

A little government and a little luck are necessary in life, but only a fool trusts either of them !
Old 01-24-2021, 08:43 PM
Slot Fish

We bought our boat at Lacanne's Marine in MN and rigging on all electronics was free. We told them where we wanted the graph and additional ethernet cables ran and they made it happen. For reference, a local dealer quoted $800-1000 for rigging of everything.
Old 01-25-2021, 04:20 AM
Minnow

There's no such thing as free you pay for it one way or another. There's room to negotiate on electronics and their install. You just have to decide if it's worth it to negotiate or not. Don't belive the crowd when they say there's no wiggle room for an electronics package, its just not true. If dealerships didn't get discounted products they would have no reason to carry them. Dealerships that offer free install just have steeper discounts so your install fee is paid by charging you MSRP.

Trolling motor $3000
Dealer discount 15 = $2550 = $450 profit
Dealer discount 30 = $2100 = $900 profit

It definitely doesn't cost a dealer $450 to install a TM.

Last edited by Eyez_On_Z; 01-25-2021 at 04:29 AM.
Old 01-25-2021, 08:11 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty59 View Post
For some perspective, had the dealer rig my last boat that took 8 shop hours. He installed 3 Cisco mounts, wired 3 sonar units, 2 transom transducers, 2 72” pieces of gunnel track and the bow mount trolling motor bracket. I paid shop rate for those hours. Have to say the tech doing the install did a phenomenal job!

Marty
I should have added that I provided all of the electronics, mounts, transducers, tracks...nothing was purchased from the dealer. What I saved Purchasing them myself, was more than enough to cover the cost of install and still leave me money in my pocket!

Marty
Old 01-25-2021, 10:19 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean1 View Post
The boat is a fair distance away so I won’t see it until I go to see it prior to purchase. He is telling me they need to fish wires throughout the boat to run the terrova and the helix graphs. Maybe I will call Ranger to see if they typically do not pre-wire these boats.
Sean....Ranger boats are pretty easy to run wires in with the right tools, they have conduits everywhere in the boats,.ask them to add a spare pull string when they are running wires, it makes it easier the next time.

YouTube...Jim Lyon Fishing
Old 01-25-2021, 11:23 AM
Minnow

"Don't belive the crowd when they say there's no wiggle room for an electronics package, its just not true. If dealerships didn't get discounted products they would have no reason to carry them."

When I bought my boat new, the dealer was up front about costs of electronics. He even suggested I shop around to see if I could get a better deal than the prices he was quoting. I did find better pricing on graphs, but not on the trolling motor so I bought some and they bought some. Everything was installed for free as part of buying the boat from them as long as it was installed during their setup. Anything added after possession taken by me would be on my dime.