Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Humminbird upgrade issues? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 11-18-2021, 06:25 PM
Keeper

Default Humminbird upgrade issues?

I have 3 Helix 9 & 10 with MSI & MDI & looking at a 4th. The trolling motor +3 are all networked on 2 OneBoat networks cascaded together. It all works nearly flawlessly. 1 transducer is on the trollling motor, a 2nd on the transom with the 3rd head using the network to either other head.

So, I'm dabbling with the idea of upgrading to 4 Solix 10 or 12" but was told trying to get them all networked together is just a major headache waiting to happen

If I upgrade, it'll be the same transducer setup, 4 heads.

Are any of you using 3 or 4 Solixs on multiple networks? if so, are you stable or unstable for any reason?

Happy fishing!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2021, 12:09 PM
Wallhanger

I do not have those but from reading other`s input the biggest thing is the Solix`s draw about 4 amps each so as long as you can keep constant voltage and amps where they need to be should be no different then 4 Helix`s.

I am thinking about going Solix`s my only concern is that there is no quick disconnect like on the Helix`s, so if I put my depthfinders away like I do now I would have a bunch more connections to take off.
Old 11-19-2021, 01:04 PM
Wallhanger

Solix 10 is 2.5 and the 12 is 2.7. The bigger display the more draw. Networking is no more complex with Solix, but
The most important thing in a switch to Solix is all the possible choices to setup every part of everything. I only have 2 units, but besides the price 4 units Networking will not be anymore of a problem than Helix's. The individual operation requires time and patients. I will stay with Solix and probably Apex. But I have been using Solix for 3 years.
It will be more complex than Helix and you will have to commit to the learning curve if you desire. JMO Bob
Tom, Disconnecting takes about a minute but connecting takes about 5 and that is per unit.( the price of trouble free connections)

Last edited by Ozark Bob; 11-19-2021 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Note to Tom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2021, 09:28 AM
Wallhanger

You have a point of trouble free connections. Bob which Gen Solix`s do you have?
Old 11-20-2021, 02:10 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomP. View Post
You have a point of trouble free connections. Bob which Gen Solix`s do you have?
I said 3 years, it's 4. Gen 1. The amp #s are Gen 3