Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Chart Select Questions - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 11-25-2021, 10:36 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPKyllo View Post
Multilayer doesn't mean multi charts though.
It does not, but I think the software changes occurred together or very close. Point being things capable of current software can use all those features. Bob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2021, 10:48 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
All I know is that Humminbird states that "You can more than one Lakemaster chart to a SD or MicroSD card" on page 4 in their Chart Select and Fish Smart User Manual at
https://www.humminbird.com/sites/hum...app_manual.pdf and I can move my Chart Select card between a 999ciHD, a Helix 7 G1N and a Helix 12 G2N without any issues.
Had a friend who got a Helix and I let him try my ChartSelect chip from my 1198 and it did not work. He selected the proper model number and downloaded from CS and it worked in his helix. In the absence of the OP's model # I thought the information might be pertinent. JMO Bob
Old 11-25-2021, 06:22 PM
Wallhanger

I don't doubt you Bob and I respect your opinion but my experience with Chart Select and moving it from display is for some reason different than yours. I've always been able to move my Chart Select card from display to display just as I have my Woods/Rainy, Minnesota and my Dakotas + Nebraska cards. Chart versions have never been an issue either.
Old 11-27-2021, 07:54 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark Bob View Post
That means you have no issues using multiple maps or swapping between units. We are talking 2014 or 15 vintage.
ok thanks for clarifying, the unit I'd put it on for ice fishing is probably helix gen 1 or 2. I'd have to check to be sure.
Old 11-28-2021, 05:16 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
I don't doubt you Bob and I respect your opinion but my experience with Chart Select and moving it from display is for some reason different than yours. I've always been able to move my Chart Select card from display to display just as I have my Woods/Rainy, Minnesota and my Dakotas + Nebraska cards. Chart versions have never been an issue either.
Can't remember which way did not work. (old to new or new to old) not really an issue if it was not from the first year of CS.