Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
New Croix Eyecon rods? - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Strictly Fishing

Old 11-28-2021, 10:49 PM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Gonefishin View Post
Legend Tournaments, Avid and Victory and build in the USA as well.

Right, thank you for setting me straight there. I knew the knew Victory rods were made in the USA, just forgot to mention them. I thought legend tournies and avids were made in mexico too, but I guess not.

Cheers
RJR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2021, 07:39 AM
Wallhanger

Just a cheap old guy here. When made in the USA is stated in the fishing rod industry, is that just assembled here or
does that mean the components are also made in the US? That might get me to spend more on something "made in the USA". Bob
Old 11-29-2021, 02:09 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark Bob View Post
Just a cheap old guy here. When made in the USA is stated in the fishing rod industry, is that just assembled here or
does that mean the components are also made in the US? That might get me to spend more on something "made in the USA". Bob
Bob,

Good point as what needs to be stated is “content of origin” and what does the manufacturer define that as.

In my business some countries like Brazil has a set value / % such as 60% must be localized while others can skirt on local content and for example, import 99% of the product leaving just a decal to be applied locally to avoid the “Hecho en Mexico.”
Old 11-29-2021, 06:47 PM
Wallhanger

I realize it not a simple thing. And probably not all that important either. I just wanted to point out Made in America
Is not a badge of patriotism anymore. Just another label that has little meaning. Buy American has become almost impossible. Just another fuzzy line we try to figure out. Good stuff is good stuff no matter where the majority of pieces come from or are assembled. JMO Bob