Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Integrity - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 12-01-2021, 09:08 AM
Wallhanger

riley and day were def put in optimal situations. But you still have to do the work. and they've largely succeeded.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2021, 09:13 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboat View Post
Consider the coaches. I for one would not be comfortable turning over my Son to either of those 2 coaches to groom and influence for 4 or 5 years.

They tell them what the kids want to hear, sell them on the fact they'll take care of them, and they are out like a fat chick in dodge ball the first chance they get with little regard to their promises made.

I understand leaving to better yourself. But there is a right and wrong way to do that. To me, neither did it the right way.

Loyalty seems to be rare in that business. Being an Iowa fan, for better or worse, it's an issue we haven't dealt with for decades.

Here's a crazy stat. In the last 42 years Iowa's had 2 head football coaches......the rest of the Big Ten has gone through 96.

I know they don't give a rip, but I can't say I wish Riley or Kelly the best of luck.
I have three tickets at INDY FOR Sat. Have two grands at U M. IOWA IS ALWAYS TUFF. Looking forward to the game..
Old 12-01-2021, 09:30 AM
Wallhanger

i think kelly will probably get beat uo, chewed up and spit out by year 2-3

riley with the young offensive mind that will fit in good on the west coast its a win win for him, while a majority of the coaches will be criss crossing the country recruiting , he'll be recruiting within 20 miles of campus and be back at his desk by lunch drawing up plays
Old 12-01-2021, 10:57 PM
Wallhanger

I like this one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CFB813E2-8322-42F2-A99B-7730820E8F81_1638424650329.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	330590  
Old 12-02-2021, 05:42 PM
Minnow

Semi pro now with student athletes getting enriched.
Old 12-02-2021, 07:27 PM
Wallhanger

Just hoping the next time Kelly jumps ship it's to Green Bay. Lawdy, would LOVE to have him as the Packers HC. The guy just knows how to get the most out of lesser talents (with which GB abounds).
Don't shiv-a-git about the NCAA, colleges, or the kids who play at them. The entire NCAA system has been a conman's monopoly game from the git-go, to enrich some fat old dudes by ripping off upcoming young talent.
Who else could make their strongest selling point the fact that they pay their talent the least possible amount, thereby making their product the greatest BECAUSE they don't pay squat to the talent? Sounds like the perfect capitalist's wet dream.

Last edited by Anonymouse; 12-02-2021 at 07:30 PM.
Old 12-03-2021, 05:50 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Minnesota guy View Post
I think I read that LSU gave him a 10 year contract. If thats true whoever authorized that contract should be fired. Kelly hasn't proven he can beat anybody in the SEC nor has he proven he can out recruit anybody in the SEC. With Oklahoma and Texas coming I don't like his chances.

PJ, I don't see him getting booted after 3 years but I don't see him lasting past 5 years either.

Let the bride know old Smoke & Mirrors would be available for ND, heck he would look good as a green leprechaun.

The bride already has a PJ........she doesn’t need another one.

PjShorthorn