Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Warrior boats - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 02-05-2020, 11:59 AM
Minnow

Default Warrior boats

Right now i am in 2017 Lund 189 Pro V GL thinking of going to a warrior for my next boat the V198/ V203 V204 would be the models that i am considering any thoughts. THANKS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2020, 01:19 PM
Keeper

I think you'd be making a substantial upgrade in terms of ride quality. If you like the layout, some guys don't, I don't think you can do better.
Old 02-05-2020, 01:58 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogWart View Post
Right now i am in 2017 Lund 189 Pro V GL thinking of going to a warrior for my next boat the V198/ V203 V204 would be the models that i am considering any thoughts. THANKS

I have a V203 and love it. If I was buying another boat I would only be buying another Warrior. Not sure if I would get another 203 or a 208? It would be one of those two boats.
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2020, 03:27 PM
Wallhanger

There will be quite a few similarities between the two brands, especially in terms of interior layout. I love the Warrior layout with the square transoms, wide open floor, large cockpit area, flat topped consoles, and full height windshields.

You're coming from a glass boat, so you've had a taste of how much better they ride and handle. I think you'll notice a big difference again going to Warrior in the overall ride quality, especially in rougher water, and a much drier ride. I agree with Hooli004, I don't think it gets any better. The Warriors will also track better when trolling or drifting due to the full length deep keel. To get that tracking and ride quality you'll give up a couple mph of top end speed in flat calm conditions, that's a tradeoff that's totally worth it in my opinion.

The other improvement you'll notice is the amount of storage. There is a ton of dry storage on the Warriors for all your gear and tackle, and you have the ability to quickly and easily store 25+ rods 7-8' long, and rods 10' or longer in the side rod shelves.

I haven't been lucky enough to get out in a 198 yet, but I will this summer. I think it's going to be a winner for sure, all the best features of the 208 at a substantially lower price point. I've owned a 193, 203, and 208. The 208 is the all around best of the three in my opinion, but it depends on your primary style of fishing, if you're mostly a troller, the 193/203 are definitely worthy options. I could go on and on, but I won't lol. If you've got any questions or just looking for a more detailed comparison of the models, ask away or fire me a PM, I'd be happy to share my experience.

Waxy
Old 02-05-2020, 06:30 PM
Wallhanger

I have owned a 1890 Warrior,193 Warrior and now a 219 Lund. All were/are fantastic boats. I didn't think there could be a better boat for me than my 193. It was totaled when I was rear ended while sitting at a stop light. I looked to replace it with another Warrior specifically a 2121. When I couldn't find one I did run across a my 219. It was a left over and the price was right. I have a friend that is a guide and purchases a new one every year (2015-2020). He puts between 150-200 hours on per year. I have run several of his boats so I have had experience with the Lund. I did not like the layout of the 208 as it is a personal preference. I'm not a jump seat guy and I liked the idea of the removable storage boxes in the Lund. Storage in both brands is incredible. I fish many ways ....lots of trolling/casting Green Bay and pulling and pitching Oahe etc. Trolling with my kicker while steering with the Minn Kota is about as good as it gets. I have had it 2 years now and have not had any trouble tracking or drifting. I can also say the ride is fantastic. No water over the bow and not wet unless quartering a wind. Since I installed trim tabs I can usually lift the side of the boat up to deflect spray out or under the boat. Is the ride better than my 193? ...Absolutely. Is it 30" longer....Absolutely ! I would advise you to find the model boat that best suits your needs and has the layout that fits the way you fish. After owning and running both brands over the last 18 years I don't think you will see a step up or down in quality between the 2 brands. Both have their pros and cons. Just a note if you end up buying a 219. My 300 Vrod is a click faster than 2 of my friends running 350's on theirs. Maybe save you $4K.

Last edited by peter8; 02-05-2020 at 06:48 PM.
Old 02-05-2020, 06:34 PM
Minnow

I currently own 5 boats and spent a lot of time researching a new boat to primarily musky fish out of before settling on a Warrior V208. I can't give you "on the water" reviews yet as I just took possession mid December but as far as fit, finish and build quality it exceeded my expectations.

Many builders quality is suspect for one component or another but the Warrior is solid in every way I have checked. A good litmus test of a builders care and quality is the wiring and their's is top notch.

I should have it out on it's maiden voyage this month on Lake Michigan. I insure you it will not be a flat calm day when I do.
Old 02-05-2020, 06:56 PM
Keeper

Another vote for Warrior,When i was looking to upgrade to a fiberglass boat and i researched all of them and found i like the open cockpit warrior has to offer, i mostly troll and my V193 does a great job, i would of bought a bigger boat but my garage wouldn't allow that

One thing i love about Warriors is the open side gunnel storage and the dry ride,I just called today on a 198 and im going to see if i can squeeze this in my garage
It would be really hard buying a different brand after being in my Warrior
Old 02-06-2020, 03:50 AM
Minnow

Hey thanks for all your input I’ll be crawling around in the Warriors in the next couple of weeks Thanks again
Old 02-06-2020, 06:29 AM
Wallhanger

Go to You Tube, there are walk thru videos on about every model Warrior makes.
Old 02-06-2020, 06:50 AM
Minnow

I have looked at all the walk thru vids on warrior boats.But you can’t beat seeing them up close and personal thanks again.