Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Wireless Remote Steering - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 11-03-2021, 01:22 PM
Minnow

Default Wireless Remote Steering

I have a 231 Baha Cruiser with a mercruiser and 9.9 yamaha kicker. The kicker is attached to the mercruiser for steering, so the steering wheel controls both engines. I am looking for a wireless remote system for the steering wheel for when I am trolling with the kicker by myself. My buddy has one that controls the steering wheel and not the actual kicker motor like the panther does but he is out of state for the rest of the winter and can't remember what kind of system he had installed on his boat. I am having zero luck with internet searches for what I am looking for. Does anybody know of the name of the system that will do what I am looking for so I can research it some more?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2021, 08:23 PM
Wallhanger

Are you looking at a main motor autopilot with the wireless remote. Or something allot cheaper. Garmin reactor has an add on wireless remote. Only thing is the remote is on the large size. I have the remote with my reactor kicker autopilot. https://www.garmin.com/en-US/c/marine/boat-autopilots/
Old 11-03-2021, 08:30 PM
Minnow

Thank you for your response. The system I’m looking for isn’t autopilot it’s just a remote for the steering wheel. So you can control the steering wheel from anywhere on the boat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2021, 08:53 PM
Wallhanger

You can do a troll master and panther electro steer which work together with a wireless remote to both steer and run the throttle. It’s a pretty sweet deal. Another option is TR1 Autopilot but I’m not sure if those are still available. A third option would be a powrtran tailfin system which is for steering only. These are a few of the options I know of.
Old 11-03-2021, 10:52 PM
Wallhanger

I did find this system. https://intellisteer.com/
Old 11-04-2021, 06:24 AM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeKen View Post
Thank you for your response. The system Iím looking for isnít autopilot itís just a remote for the steering wheel. So you can control the steering wheel from anywhere on the boat.
Thanks but those won't work as I am have arm that is attached to the kicker and the main motor so that the steering wheel will control both. That is why I am looking for a system that you replace just the steering wheel that has a remote control with it.
Old 11-04-2021, 06:36 AM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowking View Post
I did find this system. https://intellisteer.com/
Thank you. That is the kind of system I think I am looking for. My buddy swears that isn't what he has but I believe it is the same concept. I'll will have to look into it more.
Old 11-04-2021, 07:59 AM
Wallhanger

I will point out that with any of the non autopilot steering systems. You will have to steer allot more. If you are trying to stay in a straight line with allot of waves. Will make the amount of steering you have to do increase. Depending how much you troll per year. If you can afford a true autopilot. It is way nicer even with a second person in the boat. One can be bringing in a fish. Other netting the fish. Not worrying about steering even with a remote. Allot of walleye boats use gps electric trolling motors in front as a autopilot.
Old 11-04-2021, 08:35 AM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowking View Post
I will point out that with any of the non autopilot steering systems. You will have to steer allot more. If you are trying to stay in a straight line with allot of waves. Will make the amount of steering you have to do increase. Depending how much you troll per year. If you can afford a true autopilot. It is way nicer even with a second person in the boat. One can be bringing in a fish. Other netting the fish. Not worrying about steering even with a remote. Allot of walleye boats use gps electric trolling motors in front as a autopilot.
Thank you. I have thought about this. I guess I am looking for a semi-inexpensive way to control the boat in trolling traffic when I need to leave the helm to bring in or net a fish, you know when times get a little hectic an the traffic is bad. I am not necessarily looking for a full time remote control of the steering system (although autopilot would be nice). Maybe I will would be disappointed with what I am looking for and just need to bag the idea or jump in with both financial feet and go with an autopilot system?
Old 11-05-2021, 06:30 PM
Minnow

I have a Garmin TR-1 on my 9.9 kicker. It is awesome. Tracks in a straight line and allows me to focus more on fishing than driving. I use it more for musky trolling because i troll at 3 to 4 mph. Sure you can use your trolling motor but i dont like dead batteries, especially if i am running live scope also.

Tags
remote , steering wheel , wireless