Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Ford Super Duty oil change? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Trailers and Tow Vehicles

Old 11-11-2021, 10:40 AM
Keeper

Default Ford Super Duty oil change?

For those of you who have a 250 or 350 6.7 diesel are you able to slide under a stock non lifted suspension truck without raising it on ramps or a lift to do an oil change? I was curious.

Thanks

FN
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2021, 10:49 AM
Wallhanger

Considering you almost need a ladder to get into todays trucks I would say yes...most guys can get under them.
Old 11-11-2021, 06:14 PM
Wallhanger

I change the oil in my F-350 diesel and slide under with an empty 5 gallon pail to catch the old oil.
If you have the plastic 1/4 turn oil plug, it doesn't hurt to replace after 4 or 5 years . They're only about $8.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2021, 05:40 AM
Wallhanger

my nephew has a 2004 f250 that I wouldn't want to crawl under to change the oil but I'm a little bit on the larger size. now back a few yrs ago I think it could have been able to have done it. but as easy as it is to drive up on a set of ramps why not use them.

I have an old 2001 f350 sd xlt with the 6.8 l v10 that you have to climb into that I use ramps just because it gives me a little extra moving room.

another thing would be the size of your tires and the size of your body would make a huge difference in crawling under a truck.
Old 11-12-2021, 09:37 AM
Minnow

[QUOTE=I have an old 2001 f350 sd xlt with the 6.8 l v10.[/QUOTE]

Not to hijack this thread, but just curious - how many miles on that V-10? I traded mine with 215,000 miles on my 2015 .

https://www.walleyecentral.com/forum...s/hihacked.gif
Old 11-12-2021, 09:41 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clairebear View Post
I change the oil in my F-350 diesel and slide under with an empty 5 gallon pail to catch the old oil.
If you have the plastic 1/4 turn oil plug, it doesn't hurt to replace after 4 or 5 years . They're only about $8.
Can you do all of this without jacking, raising or driving up on ramps? Will the 5 gallon pail fit underneath without raising?

FN
Old 11-12-2021, 11:13 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyNorth View Post
For those of you who have a 250 or 350 6.7 diesel are you able to slide under a stock non lifted suspension truck without raising it on ramps or a lift to do an oil change? I was curious.

Thanks

FN
you outa be able to fit under the truck without jacking it up, my self i take a 5 gallon bucket and take a skil saw and cut a few inches off and turn it into a 3-4 gallon bucket or you can cut half off and 2 buckets so their easy to slide around under there
Old 11-20-2021, 06:22 AM
go find one

Default go find one

Best way to find out. Put on your non-Sunday best, go find a comparable one on a lot and get down there and find out for yourself. Then you'll know for sure how it feels for you.
Old 11-20-2021, 07:14 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by go find one View Post
Best way to find out. Put on your non-Sunday best, go find a comparable one on a lot and get down there and find out for yourself. Then you'll know for sure how it feels for you.
Yep, that would work but the problem is actually finding one on a lot.
Old 11-20-2021, 11:31 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homegrown1 View Post
Not to hijack this thread, but just curious - how many miles on that V-10? I traded mine with 215,000 miles on my 2015 .

https://www.walleyecentral.com/forum...s/hihacked.gif
the last time I looked it had almost 169,000. but I've made a couple of short trips in it so it's probably a little over 170,000 now. it had 75,000 when I bought it off a guy that used it for towing a box trailer with his race car inside. and most of my miles have been towing boats or my 32' camper trailer. however, I did smoke the tranny about 163,000 miles towing the camper to tn.