Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Chart Select Questions - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 11-23-2021, 04:11 PM
Keeper

Default Chart Select Questions

A little help if you would regarding Chart Select.

1. If you upgraded HB units can you go to Chart Select and get the lake(s) you had on previous unit?

2. Can you put more than one lake on a sd card?

3. Can you put a single card in multiple units as long as they are the same model unit?

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2021, 07:55 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetleap View Post
A little help if you would regarding Chart Select.

1. If you upgraded HB units can you go to Chart Select and get the lake(s) you had on previous unit?

2. Can you put more than one lake on a sd card?

3. Can you put a single card in multiple units as long as they are the same model unit?

Thank you
1. The charts are on the card and not in the HB unit itself. You can upgrade your HB unit and just move the card from your previous display to your new display.

2. You can save more than one downloaded chart to an SD card or micro SD card.

3. You can move a card from unit to unit and they don't have to be the same model.
Old 11-23-2021, 08:02 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPKyllo View Post
1. The charts are on the card and not in the HB unit itself. You can upgrade your HB unit and just move the card from your previous display to your new display.

2. You can save more than one downloaded chart to an SD card or micro SD card.

3. You can move a card from unit to unit and they don't have to be the same model.

oh wow I thought I saw a video where it was model specific. Much more user friendly with more flexibility.

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2021, 10:34 PM
Wallhanger

There are issues with the older core units up until the early helix models. Only one map per card with the earlier units. There were different file structures. Some were inside another file and some in the main directory. For the most part the cards are plug and play, but part of your selection process is to input your model #. The documentation on chart select has that info somewhere. Try your old cards before you download new. Bob

Last edited by Ozark Bob; 11-24-2021 at 10:35 PM. Reason: typo
Old 11-25-2021, 07:07 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark Bob View Post
The documentation on chart select has that info somewhere.

This link might be part of the puzzle. Note that units older than Helix G2 specify a software version and DON'T specify the "multilayer bundle".

https://chartselect.humminbird.com/s...ucts?locale=en

Read your owner's manual.
Old 11-25-2021, 07:25 AM
Wallhanger

Thanks Ron, looks like after Helix Software Version 7.520 you can do multiple lakes. Since I have been using a 32 G sd card so I have room for future lakes.
Old 11-25-2021, 09:21 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Thanks Ron, looks like after Helix Software Version 7.520 you can do multiple lakes. Since I have been using a 32 G sd card so I have room for future lakes.
Thanks for the help guys. The link does mention V 7.520 but I don't know what that is referring to. Software updates for Helix's are in the 2.xxx range. What's the V 7.5x for. I'm considering going to Lake Cascade, ID this winter for perch so I'm pretty sure I want the HD contours at least.
Old 11-25-2021, 09:56 AM
Wallhanger

That means you have no issues using multiple maps or swapping between units. We are talking 2014 or 15 vintage.
Old 11-25-2021, 10:12 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
There are issues with the older core units up until the early helix models. Only one map per card with the earlier units. There were different file structures. Some were inside another file and some in the main directory. For the most part the cards are plug and play, but part of your selection process is to input your model #. The documentation on chart select has that info somewhere. Try your old cards before you download new. Bob
All I know is that Humminbird states that "You can more than one Lakemaster chart to a SD or MicroSD card" on page 4 in their Chart Select and Fish Smart User Manual at
https://www.humminbird.com/sites/hum...app_manual.pdf and I can move my Chart Select card between a 999ciHD, a Helix 7 G1N and a Helix 12 G2N without any issues.
Old 11-25-2021, 10:16 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8go4s View Post
This link might be part of the puzzle. Note that units older than Helix G2 specify a software version and DON'T specify the "multilayer bundle".

https://chartselect.humminbird.com/s...ucts?locale=en
Multilayer doesn't mean multi charts though.