Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
2016 triton 216 fishhunter trim tabs - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 07-28-2020, 04:40 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLE View Post
cparrish & Zesto, I'm going to have to agree to disagree. As others have mentioned, Trim Tabs will benefit most any boat over 18ft in length. My 2018 Yar-Craft 219TFX is arguably one of the driest and best riding multi-speicies boats on the market and I can say without doubt that trim tabs make a marked improvement in the boats rough water abilities and that's knowing how good the boat is without! If you've never experienced a boat with and without them, you honestly have no idea. I will never own another boat without. As I seen one person say, they will make a ****ty boat decent and good boat excellent!
X2.

It's time people get over the outdated/uninformed notion that trim tabs are some kind of band-aid for poor performance.

They are the exact opposite of that. They're one of the ultimate performance upgrades you can make to any boat. IMHO, they should be standard equipment on all boats.

Waxy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2020, 09:28 AM
HairyNeck Whitewood

I agree with Zesto, Skeeters are much drier then Tritons for deepV. Triton needs to stick with bass boats. If you want to catch fish in dakotas you need to have a skeeter with our wind.

HN Whitewood
2020 Skeeter2050
Yamaha 300
Old 07-29-2020, 12:52 PM
What a Joke...

Default You are wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyNeck Whitewood View Post
I agree with Zesto, Skeeters are much drier then Tritons for deepV. Triton needs to stick with bass boats. If you want to catch fish in dakotas you need to have a skeeter with our wind.

HN Whitewood
2020 Skeeter2050
Yamaha 300
Triton 216 fishunters are incredible big water machines...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2020, 09:23 AM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyNeck Whitewood View Post

HN Whitewood
2020 Skeeter2050
Yamaha 300

I will defer to your experience. I grew up on Lake Huron and currently fish Lake St Clair and other Great Lakes here in Michigan so I'm not accustomed to wind or waves while fishing.
Old 08-01-2020, 02:23 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitzb View Post
Going to add trim tabs to this boat anybody got experience with them and what brands is everyone running. Also the plus and minus of them over a hydra foil maybe? Thanks brandon
I have a 2017 Triton 216 and I haven’t found a need for trim tabs. I am always on Lake Erie and I’m very happy with the performance of this boat on big waters.
Old 08-01-2020, 10:34 PM
Wallhanger

Again, until you experience a boat with and without trim tabs, you have no idea what your missing! I didn’t think I needed them on my last 5 boats either, after having them now, I won’t own another without!
Old 08-01-2020, 10:36 PM
Wallhanger

After installing zip wakes on the current rig and with most of season under my belt with them, I can say without a doubt that every boat I’ve owned would’ve benefitted greatly by having a set!