Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lund SSV Restoration Project - Info needed - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 04-20-2015, 05:40 PM
Minnow

[ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	Alaskan2.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	362.2 KB
ID:	148505[/ATTACH]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wishniwasfisn View Post
Willyboy123: Any pictures would be great. If you have the dimensions between the pedestals that would also help. Thank you very much.
BG
Attached are a couple of pictures. From the very rear to the back seat is about 30 inches. From the back seat to the middle seat, about 50 inches, then to the front another 60 inches. Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Alaskan1.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	329.4 KB
ID:	148497  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2015, 06:28 PM
Minnow

perfect - helps a lot - I will try to post some pictures in a few days show where I'm at. Thank u
Old 02-02-2020, 05:15 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishniwasfisn View Post
In my boat the first two bench seats are as intended. The 3rd bench was removed before I got the boat and replaced with 3/4 inch treated plywood with a 2 x 12 attached to the bottom side for support. The bench they took out was cut down to about 5" above the floor so part of the structure is still there. When I pulled the plywood out it was it was so heavy I could barely get it out by myself. I have made stringers for this portion of the floor (about 7 feet long and 55" wide) out of 2 x 2 alum. angle use what they left of the seat support to tie everything together. I'm using only 1/2" marine grade plywood with vinyl over it. Over the front two seats they had a deck made with storage under - I'm planning to do the same with 2 x 2 alum supports and 1/2 plywood. The drivers seat will remain the same accept replacing the plywood and adding vinyl. The boat does not have a livewell. The guy I got it from gave me one with the boat but he had not installed it. So i'm trying to figure out seat position and how to put a livewell in. I'm going to bolt the seat based down so I need to figure out where they go before I screw the floor down. I also need to plumb the livewell before the floor is finished also. Still trying to figure it. Glad to share pictures also with you.
bg
Hey,

I saw your post about removing bench seat from a larger aluminum boat.

I'm looking at buying a Lund SSV18, but I only want to buy it if I can safely remove the middle bench. I was hoping you could tell me about your experience? What kind of boat were you working with, can this be done safely, and not compromise the integrity/strength of the boat etc... If you have any pics of the project that owuld be great too!

Cheers,
Old 02-02-2020, 08:48 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steele_moose View Post
Hey,

I'm looking at buying a Lund SSV18, but I only want to buy it if I can safely remove the middle bench. I was hoping you could tell me about your experience? What kind of boat were you working with, can this be done safely, and not compromise the integrity/strength of the boat etc... If you have any pics of the project that owuld be great too!

Cheers,
Hate to tell you, but wishiniwasfisin hasn't been on WC since June of 2016,,,,,

HRG
Old 02-03-2020, 05:47 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steele_moose View Post
Hey,

Cheers,
Look at the floor plan of Lund Alaskans. Mine has a rodlocker to starboard, and a livewell and storage to port. These compartments provide the reinforcement needed to keep the sides strong enough not to flex or cave. You would need something like that to span between the other 2 seats.

Tags
lund , restoration , tiller