Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
2017 Warrior 1980 Tiller - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 04-02-2018, 04:32 PM
Minnow

I have run one awhile am very happy with this combo it is always loaded heavy. Rigged with a Mercury 90 C.T. zero torque tiller steering and the new spitfire prop comes out of the hole like a rocket alone. With a total of three anglers in it still gets right out of the hole very well. I would'nt be afraid to run one with three with this combo on any large great lake, miind you it is no speed demon. It is a reliable work horse that will get you safely through anything mother nature throws at you! Feel free to contact me if you are needing more input on this setup.
NPAA #887
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2018, 05:24 PM
Minnow

Thank you for all of the great replies!! I can't wait to take delivery in a couple weeks!
Old 07-15-2018, 08:58 PM
Minnow

Just seen a video on YouTube of this very boat. That customer was very un happy. Boat was not symmetrical at all, tiller handle didn't look to be mounted correctly and the trailer was eating tires in a few hundred miles. Thing that got me was warrior or trailer company were not standing behind warranty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2018, 09:08 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rottengander View Post
Just seen a video on YouTube of this very boat. That customer was very un happy. Boat was not symmetrical at all, tiller handle didn't look to be mounted correctly and the trailer was eating tires in a few hundred miles. Thing that got me was warrior or trailer company were not standing behind warranty.
Got a link?

Waxy
Old 07-15-2018, 09:14 PM
Minnow

I dont know how to do that off my phone. Video was 2017 warrior 1890 poor quality. I'll work on my tech.
Old 07-15-2018, 09:51 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rottengander View Post
Something is off about this whole situation. I seen that video and the follow up video. It seems the old man bought the boat in SD. He lives in Scranton, ND. He had an issue with the handle and brought it back to SD. The handle does look like garbage and also looks like it is an after market job. I am no tiller guy so I cannot say for sure. This is where things get strange. He then takes the boat to his local dealership in Dickinson, ND, to deal with the handle and get something done about a supposedly crooked hull. In the follow up video to this, he gets some work done at a different dealership in ND, which apparently does not fix the issue with the handle or the hull. Then he goes on to get a deal with a MN dealership but falls about because of the paper work that they wanted the old man to sign.

This whole thing smells funny.

Last edited by YATYAS; 07-15-2018 at 10:13 PM.
Old 07-16-2018, 03:36 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
Got a link?

Waxy
Here are both of his videos. Don't understand why this isn't in the courts yet,,,,

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGf...vNwFbVjug_tLJw

HRG
Old 07-16-2018, 03:45 PM
Wallhanger

WOW what a POS. That handle is a cob job for sure. Take them off the list for a up grade some day.
Old 07-16-2018, 05:19 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Runr Guy View Post
Here are both of his videos. Don't understand why this isn't in the courts yet,,,,

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGf...vNwFbVjug_tLJw

HRG
I do not think this guy would win anything in court. It appears he found a deal on a boat out of state. He did not go to his local dealer. He bought it during the winter months. I bet it was a carry over so the deal was better than ordering exactly what he wanted. He makes a comment about the steering that Warrior "put" on the boat. Well if he would have went through his local dealer and bought what he wanted, there would be no room to complain here. Yes, the handle looks like crap but if that is the handle that comes with that Mercury when the boat has the Warrior steering then so be it; don't be cheap and buy a carry over. He did not want to put a trim limit switch on so it appears that he wants a whole different tiller handle. I am not a tiller guy but I would assume the Mercury Big Tiller handle is an upgrade and will allow the motor to be trimmed out further. Again, he bought a boat rigged a certain way and is crying after the fact.

About the boat being "crooked". He waited months after he bought the boat to make a claim against Warrior regarding this. I think this is just making noise because he is pissed about he steering system he bought. There is no warranty issue here. The "cooler test method" is not very scientific. He said it himself, the boat handles fine and it is a decent boat.

About the trailer tires. It needs an alignment; it happens. When my car needs an alignment, I don't make a warranty claim.

Last edited by YATYAS; 07-16-2018 at 05:21 PM.
Old 07-16-2018, 06:22 PM
Charter Member

Jeez, I hope he plans on taking it to the Warrior Rally in August,,,,,,

https://warriorboatsinc.com/event/warrior-rally/

HRG

Tags
1980 , tiller , warrior , yamaha