Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Anyone have a good cost effective tree removal service referral - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 07-28-2019, 06:52 AM
Super Moderator

Default Anyone have a good cost effective tree removal service referral

I have a couple red oaks in the front yard that need to be removed
One of which is rather large & some-what closer to the home structure, although really not much hang over the roof.
The tree circumferences are just over 90" & 65"

Being that the roof now needs to be replaced due to hail, I suppose it would be better to get these down first just in case a limb hits roof

I suppose a climber crew or zip-line Or the use of a bucket as there is room to drive up would be best

Just looking for someone to put them on the ground, we will take it from that point & turn much of them into firewood.

Anyone know of a good cost effective trust worthy BONDED & INSURED small businessman that serves the north metro of Mpls?

Last edited by cyber16; 07-28-2019 at 07:37 AM. Reason: typos
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2019, 10:08 AM
Charter Member

sent a PM
Old 07-28-2019, 11:55 AM
Wallhanger

I used this company a couple of years ago - decent price, excellent service:

https://morganstree.com/

Many years ago, I used these guys for a couple of giant white pines next to the house. Didn't call them back only because I couldn't remember them at the time I called Morgan's!

http://www.bluechiptreecompany.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2019, 11:57 AM
Wallhanger

Will PM you a reference in Elk River and another guy for the stumps

Last edited by bubba800; 07-28-2019 at 12:08 PM.
Old 07-28-2019, 01:07 PM
Super Moderator

Thank you guys
I will be calling each to take a look at the job and put in a bid
Old 07-28-2019, 01:11 PM
Charter Member

The neighbor had a similar tree that was about 10 feet from his home and much of the tree was hanging over the home.

He shopped around and got what he felt was the best price. The crew showed up with 6 men, two cranks, a skid steer and a brush chipper.

It took the crew about 5 hours to take it down and haul it away. Since much of the tree was over the house, they had to take it down in pieces by crane and then to the chipper for the small stuff and to the flat bed truck for the big stuff.

I believe that he told me that the bill was about $10,000 He felt that this was a fair price considering the circumstances of the tree placement with respect to the home.

Best wishes.

p.s.
How tall are each of these trees? Is there felling area so that the tree could be taken down in one piece and not do property damage?

If the tree were to fall toward the house would it destroy the house? If so, are you sure that you don't want the tree taken down with the help of a crane?

Last edited by REW; 07-28-2019 at 01:13 PM.
Old 07-28-2019, 05:00 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by REW View Post
The neighbor had a similar tree that was about 10 feet from his home and much of the tree was hanging over the home.

He shopped around and got what he felt was the best price. The crew showed up with 6 men, two cranks, a skid steer and a brush chipper.

It took the crew about 5 hours to take it down and haul it away. Since much of the tree was over the house, they had to take it down in pieces by crane and then to the chipper for the small stuff and to the flat bed truck for the big stuff.

I believe that he told me that the bill was about $10,000 He felt that this was a fair price considering the circumstances of the tree placement with respect to the home.

Best wishes.

p.s.
How tall are each of these trees? Is there felling area so that the tree could be taken down in one piece and not do property damage?

If the tree were to fall toward the house would it destroy the house? If so, are you sure that you don't want the tree taken down with the help of a crane?
$10000.00 ? Hope he at least got a kiss. Wow
Old 07-28-2019, 05:52 PM
Wallhanger

I got an estimate to take a huge elm tree down in my front yard. Professionally done it was over 15k (it is a monster of a tree). He told me to find someone at the bar w a rope and a chainsaw and offer them 5. This is in Iowa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-29-2019, 06:15 AM
Super Moderator

thank you for all the feedback
There is room to topple them, it may be best to remove a few lower limbs off the larger one first

The largest of the two showed signs of health issues three years ago, one spring just as it was leafing out it was hit by a hail storm, after it started more new leaves, another hail storm.
Being it was already unhealthy & stressed it's now dead.

Last fall the center top crown of the smaller tree started changing colors long before the rest of the tree and the trees in the neighborhood.
This spring it tried to leaf out on the lower 3/4 and those have since dropped off.

Yes oak wilt has been an issue around the area for all the 24+ years we have been here.
Our property was trench to combat that just prior to our purchase of the home.

This is not a $5k or $15k job, I had one climber tree service guy that would top some of it and then drop them for $1350

I think I can find a better price as all I want is someone with experience to drop them and I will deal with the rest and dropping them may take all of two hours, if that.
Old 07-29-2019, 06:21 AM
Keeper

I have used these guys http://easytreeservicemn.com/ once this year and once last year to take down a pretty good size elm in the back of the house and a double Oak in the front. I had them leave the wood and the stump to cut down on the cost. The bill for the elm was $300 and the bill for the oaks was $350. Both trees were close to the house so I didn't want to cut them down myself.