Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
First timers to walleye fishing - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 09-06-2010, 02:18 AM
Minnow

Default First timers to walleye fishing

GOING UP TO RED LAKE CANADA IN JUNE 2011 WITH 9 YEAR GRANSON NEED YOU GUYS HELP .BEST TACKLE TO BRING ? GOING TO BE FISHING OUT OF BOAT . THINKING OF GETTING A GUILD FOR A DAY .DO YOU THINK I NEED ONE OR CAN WE FIND THE FISH MYSELF.PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2010, 03:21 AM
Charter Member

Default If the budget allows

a guide, no doubt you should spend the FIRST DAY of your trip in a guide boat, learning locations, depths to fish and techniques/what tackle to use.
Steve Fellegy #49
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about the things that matter. MLK
[email protected] or 651-270-3383 cell#
Old 09-06-2010, 06:50 AM
Charter Member

I'll second the guide. Once hired, he can tell you what to bring. Hope you and the grandson have a memorable trip.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2010, 07:18 AM
Slot Fish

I've been going to Red Lake in June for about 6-7 years. Don't bother with all your fancy tackle. Bring some Rapala's and jigs. Maybe some bass spinnerbaits for some northern. If you get lazy, maybe rig a slip bobber.

That's all you need. Find weeds, inlet stream/river. Head on up to the north end. The Chukuni River inlet, there should be 100's of eyes up there.
Click image for larger version

Name:	046.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	6029
Click image for larger version

Name:	035.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	6028

Couple pics from this year. The weather can vary from 30-40 degrees and rain, all the way to 85 and sunny with no wind. Start in 4-10 FT trolling rapala's. If that aint' working, do with a jig and minnow in the weeds, that ain't working, go to about 15-20 ft off any rock point near the river inlet. Jig and minnow there.

I can make sure you and your grandson have a great time. Email me. [email protected]

The two pics attached were the first week in June this year.

Dman

Last edited by dman617; 09-06-2010 at 07:22 AM.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:09 PM
Minnow

Default Guide for red lake ontario

DO YOU GUYS NO OF A GOOD GUIDE ON RED LAKE SO GRANSON WILL HAVE THE TIME OF HIS YOUNG LIFE . YOU ALL NO IT IS ALL ABOUT THE LOOK IN THERE EYES THE FRIST TIME THEY CATCH THERE FRIST WALLEYE THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP