Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Retaliation - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 08-01-2000, 10:40 AM
Minnow

Default Retaliation

My boat usually smells like an old bait shop but last week it took on an odor that I could barely stand. After a thorough cleaning I found some rotting nightcrawlers hidden in a compartment. My garage still smells after a week.

I'm sure it was a buddy that I met at a boat landing a few weeks ago. He probably got the idea from the film "Grumpy Old Men." My question is how to get back at this guy without esculating the stakes.

A long time ago a good friend unhooked my boat trailer and everyone got a good laugh after I took off to the lake without my boat. To retaliate, I unhooked some of his engine wires so he couldn't get his truck started. In the process of trying to fix his truck, he got out of his truck while it was in nuetral an it rolled into another vehicle. Not what I had intended to happen.

I can't let this nigtcrawler crime go unpunished, but I don't want to try something that will lead to unforeseen consequences or esculate the situation so that I am worried about another attack.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2000, 10:56 AM
Mike

Default RE: Retaliation

Sure!

An old classic...

Take a couple of eggs and sit them out in the sun for two or three days. Sneak over to your buddy's and open the hood of his truck. Crack the eggs onto his engine block.

Call him up the next morning and tell him to meet you at a favourite fishing lake - preferably 50 miles away, or so.

Enjoy!!!!
Old 08-01-2000, 11:00 AM
Minnow

Pull the prop on his boat. Or do another Grumpy Old Men trick to him, cut a hole in the bottom of his net.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2000, 11:16 AM
Mike

Heh heh heh...I like the net thing!

Or....to REALLY scare the stuffin' out of him... go out and buy a boat plug just like his.

Then...both of you motor your boats out to the middle of the lake. Then, stop your and his boats, hold up the boat plug, wave it, point at his boat, and start laughing your head off....

Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, oh, to see the LOOK on his face!!!!
Old 08-01-2000, 11:23 AM
Minnow

Here's an old trick that my brother and I used against each other from time to time...:-) take your filet knife and lay the blade flat against your targets mono fising line, with slight pressure- pull the knife blade down the mono line for about 2'. This "shaves" the mono and almost always results in broken line on the next hookset. Good luck.
Old 08-01-2000, 11:33 AM
Minnow

One very small drop of super glue on his line on the spool should do it. First cast Twangggg and away goes the bait and excess line.
Old 08-01-2000, 12:03 PM
Slot Fish

How about a perch up under the seat of his truck?
Old 08-01-2000, 12:08 PM
brdklr

Take about 50 feet of line off his reel, cut it into three and wind the three pieces back on. Next cast will send lure and line flying. Then when he reties the next one will also sail off with the next cast. If he is smart he will catch on before the next retie. If not then, lure number three is airborn. Hopefully he will be using floating bait so you can retrieve them!! This sucks with $20 musky baits that don't float, but jigs or cranks for walleye, hey it's worth it.
Old 08-01-2000, 12:18 PM
Charter Member

Drop a few nightcrawlers or leeches into each of his seat pedestals, pull the fuse for his livewell pump, siphon the gas out of his boat, respool all his rods with 30 pound XT solar, when he's not looking, break the tips off the hooks on every jig he ties on his line (that'll frustrate the heck out of anyone), take the ball off his pickup, take the steering wheel off his boat (but leave it and the tools somewhere in the boat), reach into his rod locker, and turn off the anti-reverse on all his reels (makes a nice birdsnest in a full locker).

If I think of any more I'll post them too... :)

Eyez
Old 08-01-2000, 01:46 PM
Riverbottoms

Gardenhackle,
I wouldn't retaliate right away, your buddy is expecting that.
I wouldn't even mention finding the rotten nightcrawlers.
The waiting for you to mention finding them, or or nut retaliating right away will drive him nuts alone.
Like they say,
"REVENGE IS ALWAYS BEST WHEN SERVED COLD"