Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
garage hacks - Page 5 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 11-28-2020, 03:52 PM
Charter Member

Brian,
You said that you want to have your boat left hooked to your garage when you BACK in.

Rather, why not create the space in such a way that you can simply drive through your garage, so that you never have to back in.

i.e. open up the front garage door and pull in and park.

Then, when leaving, open up the back door and drive right on out. No turning, no backing etc.

If you need to, rearrange the building site for a turn around on the back of the house.

Take care
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2020, 09:37 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by REW View Post
Brian,
You said that you want to have your boat left hooked to your garage when you BACK in.

Rather, why not create the space in such a way that you can simply drive through your garage, so that you never have to back in.

i.e. open up the front garage door and pull in and park.

Then, when leaving, open up the back door and drive right on out. No turning, no backing etc.

If you need to, rearrange the building site for a turn around on the back of the house.

Take care
That was my first thought when we were looking for lots. Couldn't find a lot that was big enough for that and that laid out the correct way. Believe me, we looked for it. Thanks REW!
Old 11-28-2020, 09:47 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowfin123 View Post
oh i forgot, whats the trend around here is instead of drywalling the walls and ceilings and paint to make as pretty as your living room people are putting in osb plywood then paint, now you can throw in nails and screws anywhere to hang stuff and no more car door dents in drywall and can bang around more , blow out cobb webs with hose, etc. any decent carpenter can make the seems butt tight im for sure gonna do that on next house
That sounds like a great idea (using osb plywood instead of drywall) but the price of lumber/osb is 3X higher now during Covid than it was pre-Covid, so I don't think I will be doing that in my garage. I will have 9 foot ceilings in the garage and 8 foot garage doors. Hopefully that will be plenty high enough for the boat and truck. Thanks again Yellowfin!
Old Yesterday, 11:09 AM
Minnow

not sure about down there but for me its actually i little cheaper cuz you eliminate the cost of your taper and i wont cost nothin hardly to at least do the one wall where your garage door tracks bolt too its just more solid than bolting over the drywall even though a stud behind it. sorry to get off topic about the storage lol. id love to hear about lake qauchita where your going to be ive heard its a beautiful lake with alota big striper
Old Yesterday, 03:27 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowfin123 View Post
not sure about down there but for me its actually i little cheaper cuz you eliminate the cost of your taper and i wont cost nothin hardly to at least do the one wall where your garage door tracks bolt too its just more solid than bolting over the drywall even though a stud behind it. sorry to get off topic about the storage lol. id love to hear about lake qauchita where your going to be ive heard its a beautiful lake with alota big striper
You're not off topic. Storage ideas are exactly what I'm looking for so thanks! As far as Lake Ouchita, it is a beautifal lake. Only have fished it twice so far but looking forward to learning it once we move down there. 40,000 plus acres with no homes on the shorelines. It is beautiful for sure! Thank YF...