Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Ranger employee spin off co (BoneYard) - Page 4 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Bone Orchard > WC Bone Yard

Old 03-15-2019, 03:56 PM
Slot Fish

Seems like a lot of comparison to Ranger going on. So funny how so many love to bash Ranger, but yet it’s obvious that they are the benchmark. Funny how that works! POS Rangers! 🤔
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2019, 04:01 PM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=promopete;6300296]A lot of people predicted this...Ranger is now the new Bass Tracker. People bought Rangers because they were Rangers. They aren't anymore, quality and fit and finish are gone compared to boats made before Bass Pro moved in. Many feel Vexus will be what Ranger used to be. I know a pro currently on the Bassmaster Circuit who told me 80% of the pros currently with Ranger will switch to Vexus. His speculation, not mine.[/QUOTE]
This is so funny I just spit my beer out.......
Old 03-15-2019, 05:09 PM
Wallhanger

Question was, is the cockpit small....NO, tiny would be more accurate.

If that is suppose to be a walleye boat it SURELY wouldn’t work on Lake Erie....
My God there will be a LOT of guys falling overboard......

I guess that’s what you get when bass guys design a walleye boat......LOL

They will learn as they go...... :) . . . Or sink...
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2019, 11:26 PM
welllll

[QUOTE=Bobby Winds;6300404]Question was, is the cockpit small....NO, tiny would be more accurate.

If that is suppose to be a walleye boat it SURELY wouldn’t work on Lake Erie....
My God there will be a LOT of guys falling overboard......

I guess that’s what you get when bass guys design a walleye boat......LOL

They will learn as they go...... :) . . . Or sink...[/QUOTE]

Yah, what do the guys who designed the #1 selling line of walleye boats (619,620,621) know about them...
Old 03-16-2019, 06:51 AM
Keeper

[QUOTE=bloodman;6300048]Lol......are you one of them.[/QUOTE]

No. I am a school teacher in Eureka Springs Arkansas who is contemplating buying one. The avatar is me.

I am surprised at the responses my simple post provoked.

Has this kind of friendly behavior become the norm for WC? If so, when did the change happen?
Old 03-16-2019, 10:45 AM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=welllll;6300510]Yah, what do the guys who designed the #1 selling line of walleye boats (619,620,621) know about them...[/QUOTE]

Looking at those pictures with almost no cockpit area and large, very high casting platforms I would say they don't know squat what is needed on Lake Erie for serious walleye fishing in rough seas.
Old 03-16-2019, 11:12 AM
Wallhanger

Looking at those pictures with almost no cockpit area and large, very high casting platforms I would say they don't know squat what is needed on Lake Erie for serious walleye fishing in rough seas

That statement coming from someone who runs a 17.5 footer with a 90 horse, how often do you run true big water in that, i mean TRUE big water?

I think keel design and cockpit depth are more important to rough water performance than the casting deck height. Leave to real engineers to design, I love armchair boat builders.
Old 03-16-2019, 11:31 AM
Charter Member

[QUOTE=Hot Runr Guy;6300246]Does the main cockpit look small for a 20'9" hull?

HRG[/QUOTE]

The picture is very deceiving. Looking at the man's torso, and excluding he's a midget, I would guess his body stretched out would go from the back of the seat to the transom. Let's say 6 feet. Using that for a reference, it would seem the boat is 16 to 18 feet. I think it's just how the picture was taken. As another poster mentioned, they should be looking for another company to do their advertising.
Old 03-16-2019, 12:10 PM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=hempbake1;6300642]
That statement coming from someone who runs a 17.5 footer with a 90 horse, how often do you run true big water in that, i mean TRUE big water?

I think keel design and cockpit depth are more important to rough water performance than the casting deck height. Leave to real engineers to design, I love armchair boat builders.[/QUOTE]

You got to be kidding right........ I have lived my whole life within 20 minutes of Lake Erie...fished it as a kid off shore from many piers before I was old enough to buy a boat and fish it A LOT ! ! !

When I was much younger I placed in the top ten 5 years in a row in the Southtowns Walleye Tournament here on Erie.....over 2500 entrants back then. In order to do that you must fish what you refer to as TRUE BIG WATER.......largest waves I endured were 6' and they were flipping my planer boards over and I'm not talking those tiny inline boards many use today but double Great Lake boards off a 6' mast on the bow of my 16'-4" Grumman with a 84" beam.......but it was also 39" deep.......I doubt if I would have even been able to stay on board this boat in 6' seas, no room to fish in the cockpit where it "might" be safe and those casting platforms are for bass anglers not full time walleye fishermen.

OH, did I forget to mention I also did a LOT of salmon/trout fishing on Lake Ontario not to mention the mighty Niagara River where you will need a diaper if I took you up river thru the power plants and into Devils Hole.

That boat looks PURDY but it seems from the pics to lack a LOT of cockpit space with high enough gunnels to be consider a safe boat to fish on the Great Lakes.
Old 03-16-2019, 12:37 PM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=Shellback;6300652]The picture is very deceiving. Looking at the man's torso, and excluding he's a midget, I would guess his body stretched out would go from the back of the seat to the transom. Let's say 6 feet. Using that for a reference, it would seem the boat is 16 to 18 feet. I think it's just how the picture was taken. As another poster mentioned, they should be looking for another company to do their advertising.[/QUOTE]

Even from the videos I saw from people at the unveiling, it looked really small. The splashwell area is huge on those things and pushes the deck and livewell forward it looks like.