Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lowrance Ghost 60" Review - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Motors and Props

Old 06-01-2021, 09:30 AM
Wallhanger

Default Lowrance Ghost 60" Review

I had the opportunity to really put my Ghost through a workout this weekend.

We fished in 20-30 mph winds in Wyoming at some different lakes. The longer shaft never came out of the water in rollers and white caps, and stayed stuck in one place using the anchor lock feature. I fished a strong river current, with winds blowing from upstream to downstream, so the motor was working to keep me moving both upstream and downstream. I have a 24v system, and it kept me at the perfect speed. I set routes from my MFD to hit contour lines and it followed them very accurately.

I ran that thing for 3 days, battery still showed high on battery life. I did not charge it just because I wanted to see how hard I could run it and how long between charges. Amazing, and very quiet!!

Cons: I kept getting error messages when trying to convert trails to routes, so that was a fail. Not sure if it was operator error or a glitch.

If the foot pedal is on any power level other than 0, and using the cruise control setting, it will jump from a set MPH speed to a percentage of speed. (Ex. set speed at 1.5 mph, foot pedal set at about 4-5, it would hold at 1.5 mph then randomly switch to % of power and speed up). I was never able to really figure out why, but when turning the speed to 0 on the foot pedal, never had it happen again.

I never experienced the dreaded motor speeding up and bouncing around when putting it in anchor lock. It worked very well, in current, wind and flat water.

I am starting to become very comfortable and happy with my purchase.
Lowrance Elite 9Ti2
Lowrance Elite FS9
Pulled by 2021 Chevy Trail Boss 6.2L
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2021, 06:29 AM
Wallhanger

Glad yours is working out for you sounds like your spotlock is working well, one common complaint from bass guys is they are not as weedless as the MinnKota`s.
Old 06-02-2021, 12:04 PM
Wallhanger

We do not have a ton of weeds up near the surface yet, but I will try it out in the weeds in July. I did go through some Lilly Pads and made salad out of them without an issue.
Lowrance Elite 9Ti2
Lowrance Elite FS9
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2021, 12:18 PM
Wallhanger

Is the 60" version actually 60" long. I thought I read either the ghost or garmin was actually shorter than comparable minn kota's. I believe they have a different point of reference for their measurements. I often have my 62" shaft come out of water where I fish.
Old 06-02-2021, 01:05 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjy View Post
Is the 60" version actually 60" long. I thought I read either the ghost or garmin was actually shorter than comparable minn kota's. I believe they have a different point of reference for their measurements. I often have my 62" shaft come out of water where I fish.

I will take some measurements for you when I get home tonight.
Lowrance Elite 9Ti2
Lowrance Elite FS9
Old 06-02-2021, 07:39 PM
Wallhanger

The visible portion of the shaft is 58" long. I measured from the bottom of the control head to the top of the motor. When in the deployed position, you lose 5.5" as that is the depth of the mounting bracket.

I am sure each boat is different, as the depth of the actual otor is dependent on how deep it is in the water.

FWIW, my 60" Xi5 didn't sit as deep in the water as my Ghost.
Lowrance Elite 9Ti2
Lowrance Elite FS9
Old 06-03-2021, 10:55 AM
Wallhanger

If you are comparing, the distance from the bottom of the mount to the top of the motor is what to use. That is what effects your motor surfacing on waves. All mounts are different. Shaft length is not a good measure as different mounts require different amounts of shaft above the deck. Bob