Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Canadian border Closed - Page 6 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Bone Orchard > WC Bone Yard

Old 03-23-2020, 12:59 PM
Keeper

[QUOTE=olderfart;6412676]The border closure is for 30 days. By that time both governments will be under tremendous pressure to get their economies back up and running. Keeping businesses closed for any longer than that will risk plunging both countries into a deep recession. With that in mind I have to believe that the upcoming season will be close to normal.[/QUOTE]

Im in line with you on this. New Yorks governor was just talking about this subject. The economies of the world cannot absorb a prolonged period of shutdown. Imo as long as they can find treatments that help prevent death, or somehow establish restrictions designed to more specifically target the most vulnerable, the governments will focus on opening the economies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2020, 01:37 PM
Slot Fish

Hoping outfitters get a small business stimulus package to keep them running.

I am thinking they would be looking at what expenses they can cut or delay as it some seem to cater and match to a JW Marriott.

I think my dad still has the old brown canvas tent we used to use with an old Sears 12’ fishing boat with an Elgin 6hp camping on islands ...fun times
Old 03-23-2020, 01:51 PM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=emma17;6413848]Im in line with you on this. New Yorks governor was just talking about this subject. The economies of the world cannot absorb a prolonged period of shutdown. Imo as long as they can find treatments that help prevent death, or somehow establish restrictions designed to more specifically target the most vulnerable, the governments will focus on opening the economies.[/QUOTE]

This seems like it has some promise...[url]https://www.msn.com/en-ca/health/medical/coronavirus-winnipeg-biotech-company-says-covid-19-treatment-nearing-production/ar-BB11yhyF?ocid=spartanntp[/url]
Old 03-24-2020, 05:33 AM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE]Im in line with you on this. New Yorks governor was just talking about this subject. The economies of the world cannot absorb a prolonged period of shutdown. Imo as long as they can find treatments that help prevent death, or somehow establish restrictions designed to more specifically target the most vulnerable, the governments will focus on opening the economies.
[/QUOTE]

I continue to be "favorably impressed" with Governor Cuomo - IMHO he is one of the few "politicians" that seem to have the right approach to our current situation - AND - I think he is actually honest and tells the truth.......................
Old 03-24-2020, 07:46 AM
Keeper

[QUOTE=tv4fish;6414098]I continue to be "favorably impressed" with Governor Cuomo - IMHO he is one of the few "politicians" that seem to have the right approach to our current situation - AND - I think he is actually honest and tells the truth.......................[/QUOTE]

Cuomo for president!
Old 03-24-2020, 12:18 PM
Keeper

[QUOTE=v-bay gord;6413872]This seems like it has some promise...[url]https://www.msn.com/en-ca/health/medical/coronavirus-winnipeg-biotech-company-says-covid-19-treatment-nearing-production/ar-BB11yhyF?ocid=spartanntp[/url][/QUOTE]

You want me to open an link from M S N ? L O L
Old 03-24-2020, 12:31 PM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=jambi;6414248]You want me to open an link from M S N ? L O L[/QUOTE]

True, there is the risk you may learn something....:stirthepot:
Old 03-24-2020, 02:24 PM
Charter Member

[QUOTE=tv4fish;6414098]I continue to be "favorably impressed" with Governor Cuomo - IMHO he is one of the few "politicians" that seem to have the right approach to our current situation - AND - I think he is actually honest and tells the truth.......................[/QUOTE]

And NY has the highest cases of the virus. He must be doing something right. NOT! He's very good at renaming famous bridges after his father though. How about approving abortions till the just before time of birth? Better do a little research on the guy.
Old 03-24-2020, 03:14 PM
Charter Member

Look out for snowbirds! [url]https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/outrage-as-snowbirds-flock-across-the-border-shop-and-refuse-to-self-isolate?video_autoplay=true[/url]