Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lowrance Point-1 GPS Antenna location - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 08-03-2015, 08:04 PM
Minnow

Default Lowrance Point-1 GPS Antenna location

I'm going to install Lowrance Point-1 GPS antenna for my Lowrance 12 touch and HDS 10 Gen 2s on my 2013 Ranger 620. I have read a couple threads on this as to where others suggest mounting them along with where it should not be mounted on boats. As usual it seems to be a difference of opinion for good reasons and would like to hear from others who have them on there boats especially on their Rangers and maybe even a picture of it on their rig and why they put it there. Those pictures seem to be worth a million words. I'm aware of the integrated electronic compass built into this antenna and understand the importance of avoiding any magnetic interference. Any info/help would be much appreciated.
Thanks

2013 Ranger 620
Yamaha 250 OffShore
Yamaha T9.9
101 Terrova I-Pilot
Lowrance 12 Touch, HDS 10, HDS 8, LSS II
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2015, 06:10 AM
Minnow

Ours is mounted on the port gunnel towards the rear right behind the Berts Track.

I saw this video from Capt Ross Robertson on You Tube. Its Hummingbird, but I was wondering if you kept the arrow on the puck facing forward if you could mount like in the video. It would be so much cleaner.

Maybe somebody else could chime in. I think it could work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S27RVBksXRw
Lowrance HDS Electronics

"I love Lake Erie"