Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Indian Chain - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 02-14-2017, 05:01 AM
Keeper

Default Indian Chain

My best friend finally gets to go on his first Canadian fishing trip this year and it's up to me to pick the lake. I'm more of a muskie guy but he just wants to "catch fish." I was looking at the Indian Chain due it being more of a place for numbers(so I've heard) and for the wide variety of species. How is the walleye and pike fishing there? I've heard the pike fishing has got quite a bit better the last several years, but just wanting to ask to make sure. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2017, 05:20 AM
Minnow

Our group has been going to the Chain for 7-8 years we really like it. You will almost certainly catch Musky we do while fishing for Walleye every year. Sometimes several each day. Where are you staying?
Old 02-14-2017, 06:13 AM
Keeper

I'm looking at Clark's K.C.'s lodge up on Edward(I think). I've stayed with Clark's before and really like how they operate on Cedar. Indian Chain isn't set in stone yet, but definitely on the short list of places I'm looking at.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2017, 09:28 AM
Minnow

I stayed on the Indian Chain at both Clarks and KC's Landing. We also caught a few smaller muskies while walleye fishing. We are trying cedar lake this year. Why are you switching from Cedar Lake?
Old 02-14-2017, 10:46 AM
Wallhanger

Fishing wise that would be a poor move.
Old 02-14-2017, 10:52 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by walleyehunt13 View Post
I stayed on the Indian Chain at both Clarks and KC's Landing. We also caught a few smaller muskies while walleye fishing. We are trying cedar lake this year. Why are you switching from Cedar Lake?
Cedar is definitely a great lake, but WAY too many boats on it for me. Last couple times I've been there it's like bumper boats. If I wanted people to continually cut me off fishing I'd stay in the metro!
Old 02-14-2017, 12:08 PM
Minnow

Prov1800 is Cedar or Indian better?
Old 02-14-2017, 01:15 PM
Minnow

Troutwater, what time of year were you on cedar? I'm booked there the first week in September and hopefully there are less boats then!
Old 02-14-2017, 01:48 PM
Keeper

I've been there in early July and middle of August before....pretty busy both times. Never been there in September though. We were chasing muskies and muskie boats were everywhere....thanks Muskyhunter TV!
Old 02-14-2017, 02:03 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by walleyehunt13 View Post
Prov1800 is Cedar or Indian better?
Well in my book yes cedar is way better.it is busy but thats because all camps send there guests to all the same spots year after year.i dont have a problem when i fish there because i dont fish those spots.plus iam a little older know and have learned to calm down.lol.fishing is great in cedar plus the crappie fishing as a bonus fish