Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Update on my Lund boat decision ... 1875 Impact XS vs. 1875 Pro V - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 09-07-2020, 01:46 PM
Wallhanger

Whatever trailer you get. I would have ezeestep bow steps or something similar. https://youtu.be/Z88jSGoT248

I think the provs just have the rescue ladder in back. Not a full step ladder out the back for getting in and out of the boat while on the trailer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2020, 05:36 PM
Minnow

Default A additional thought.

I had the 17775 Impact and could do most any type of fishing I wanted. I sold that and now have a Crestliner Fish Hawk 1650. A great boat and in my opinion has a larger front deck and is set up better and rides better than the Impact.

A bonus on the Crestliner I bought was a set of Trick Steps. Best thing ever for us older guys to get in and out of the boat.

At our age and if you have had surgery look into them. Everyone I have taken no my boat has complimented o nhow nice they are for easily getting in and out if not at the dock.

Good Luck
Old 09-07-2020, 08:38 PM
Keeper

Hi David, a little more input.

In post #7 in the thread, you mentioned an interest in Pro V storage compartments that stay dry.

I have a 2020 Pro V 1875, and while the compartments might be dryer than an Impact (don't know about the Impacts), most of the compartments on the Pro V won't stay bone dry. If your boat is outdoors from April to October, I wouldn't leave anything in it that can't get wet. The front lockers do pretty well, but if exposed to a pretty hard rain, I get some moisture in mine. Likewise in the back of the passenger glove compartment, and the port side locker, and the starboard stern locker. When the moisture gets in the closed compartments, it doesn't have a very good opportunity to dry unless the compartment is opened. So far, I've never had any moisture in either of the console drawers.

Again, the Pro V does pretty well at keeping things dry, including with the drainage system, but the compartments aren't watertight. I'm really pleased with the Pro V. For me, it fishes well and has plenty of storage. I keep it garaged, but on some of my trips I might be out for a week at a time or so, and so it occasionally gets exposed to plenty of rain. Raingear is stored in drybags in one bow locker. I have a 200 Merc FourStroke on it, plenty of power and I understand it's quieter than the Pro XS, which I like.

Good luck with the healing, and with the boat shopping.

John
Old 09-07-2020, 08:47 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by John N View Post
Hi David, a little more input.

In post #7 in the thread, you mentioned an interest in Pro V storage compartments that stay dry.

I have a 2020 Pro V 1875, and while the compartments might be dryer than an Impact (don't know about the Impacts), most of the compartments on the Pro V won't stay bone dry. If your boat is outdoors from April to October, I wouldn't leave anything in it that can't get wet. The front lockers do pretty well, but if exposed to a pretty hard rain, I get some moisture in mine. Likewise in the back of the passenger glove compartment, and the port side locker, and the starboard stern locker. When the moisture gets in the closed compartments, it doesn't have a very good opportunity to dry unless the compartment is opened. So far, I've never had any moisture in either of the console drawers.

Again, the Pro V does pretty well at keeping things dry, including with the drainage system, but the compartments aren't watertight. I'm really pleased with the Pro V. For me, it fishes well and has plenty of storage. I keep it garaged, but on some of my trips I might be out for a week at a time or so, and so it occasionally gets exposed to plenty of rain. Raingear is stored in drybags in one bow locker. I have a 200 Merc FourStroke on it, plenty of power and I understand it's quieter than the Pro XS, which I like.

Good luck with the healing, and with the boat shopping.

John
John, thank you, great input!
Old 09-08-2020, 08:10 AM
Slot Fish

As I turned 60, I decided to get my "dream boat" in preparation for retirement. I'd been drooling over Lund Pro-V's for years, but checked out the competition just to make sure there wasn't a better fit for my last boat. I bought a 2018 1875 Pro-V, and have been happy with my choice since day 1. I don't know about your family situation, but occasionally, my daughter and son-in-law like to go out with my wife and I. I also wanted a rear casting deck large enough to be comfortable for any fishing partner I may take along. I opted for both the fold-down rear platform as well as splash pan inserts. The inserts eliminate the possibility of taking a misstep into the open splash well, and the fold-down rear platform offers two nice flip-up seats for additional passengers.
As far as electronics, Minn Kota sold me with the accuracy of their "spot-lock" and led me to Humminbird to be able to network the trolling motor and sonar unit. I highly recommend a side imaging transducer along with a high speed 2D transducer and Y cable to lock onto bottom readings at speed. My Minn Kota heading sensor failed, just out of warranty, and since it is only used for the spot lock jog feature, it won't be replaced. Unless you've just "gotta have it", I would not recommend this option. I also opted for the "double bubble" twin wind screens, as I don't like fishing out of a boat with a full windshield - to each his own. I also had a custom travel cover made from "sunbrella" material to cover the trolling motor and outboard, as I though the Lund version offered only 75% coverage for the same price I paid to get a custom unit made. As your boat will be out in the weather most of the time, I wouldn't scrimp on this protection. Hope this helps in your selection.
Old 09-08-2020, 09:18 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot235 View Post
Thank you all. I’m going with a Pro V! Now I need to start researching electronics!!!
I think you made a great choice. Let us now how you make out with the electronics. How is the recovery going ? Hope you are doing well.
Humminbird Helix G2 x 1
Talon
Ultera
Kicker
Smartcraft
Zipwakes
Old 09-08-2020, 03:56 PM
Wallhanger

Congrats! Hard not to love it.
Old 09-09-2020, 10:04 AM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homegrown1 View Post
As I turned 60, I decided to get my "dream boat" in preparation for retirement. I'd been drooling over Lund Pro-V's for years, but checked out the competition just to make sure there wasn't a better fit for my last boat. I bought a 2018 1875 Pro-V, and have been happy with my choice since day 1. I don't know about your family situation, but occasionally, my daughter and son-in-law like to go out with my wife and I. I also wanted a rear casting deck large enough to be comfortable for any fishing partner I may take along. I opted for both the fold-down rear platform as well as splash pan inserts. The inserts eliminate the possibility of taking a misstep into the open splash well, and the fold-down rear platform offers two nice flip-up seats for additional passengers.
As far as electronics, Minn Kota sold me with the accuracy of their "spot-lock" and led me to Humminbird to be able to network the trolling motor and sonar unit. I highly recommend a side imaging transducer along with a high speed 2D transducer and Y cable to lock onto bottom readings at speed. My Minn Kota heading sensor failed, just out of warranty, and since it is only used for the spot lock jog feature, it won't be replaced. Unless you've just "gotta have it", I would not recommend this option. I also opted for the "double bubble" twin wind screens, as I don't like fishing out of a boat with a full windshield - to each his own. I also had a custom travel cover made from "sunbrella" material to cover the trolling motor and outboard, as I though the Lund version offered only 75% coverage for the same price I paid to get a custom unit made. As your boat will be out in the weather most of the time, I wouldn't scrimp on this protection. Hope this helps in your selection.
Thank you Homegrown1!
Old 09-09-2020, 10:06 AM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbheli View Post
I think you made a great choice. Let us now how you make out with the electronics. How is the recovery going ? Hope you are doing well.
bbheli, thank for asking, the recovery is going well. It has been two weeks and I am off the walker and on the cane... but around the house I don't even use that all the time. It will be a while for full recovery, but I don't see any major obstacles.
Old 09-17-2020, 09:18 AM
Wallhanger

I don't think you could have gone wrong with either choice. I went from an 1800 Pro V and now have an 1875 Impact XS and really like the boat. Although I'd like to have 50 more HP with the Pro V.

One thing I do suggest is getting the top set and travel cover. Both are super easy to put up and well worth the money.

Tags
lund impact pro-v