Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
My "New" Nitro ZV20 - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 12-07-2021, 03:23 PM
Minnow

Default ZV20 Owner here

Great Choice, I have basically that same boat just with a 225, I am very happy with my purchase I have had nothing go wrong with it. tournament fished out of it for 1.5 seasons now. It is holding well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2021, 08:56 PM
Charter Member

Jim Carroll runs the Nitro ZV21 and runs big water as well as tournaments.

He states that the boat had not let him down and it has done everything that he as asked of the boat. He has used it in some wind and wave conditions that are not for the faint of heart and he has always come home with a smile on his face.

Great product.
Old 12-12-2021, 10:56 AM
Wallhanger

Buddy from work bought a ZV20 through a tourney buddy of his. Great boat. Only issue has been the trailer leaf spring mounts. Guess it is a very common problem. Keep an eye on them as they wear away quickly.
HB Helix 12/SI & 1198SI
101# Terrova w/IPilot
2019 Ram 2500 Laramie 6.7 Cummins
Old 12-12-2021, 11:00 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzytoad75 View Post
Buddy from work bought a ZV20 through a tourney buddy of his. Great boat. Only issue has been the trailer leaf spring mounts. Guess it is a very common problem. Keep an eye on them as they wear away quickly.
Yup...I'm aware. Ordering aftermarkets and they go on in the spring.
Old 12-14-2021, 06:05 AM
Slot Fish

Welcome to Nitro Nation!
Some other little trailer related tidbits:
  1. The hubs should be checked when you have it jacked up to the do the spring shackles. After year one, the dealer is not obligated to execute the "6 year" warranty. I believe the hub mfr requires Lucas grease and it takes almost 2 tubes to re-grease both sides. If you can swing it, I'd recommend getting a spare hub online - a Dexter version of the same hub comes with the screw on hub cap and will be $40 cheaper than at the dealer.
  2. Check the spare and see if it has just the lock nut holding it on or has a proper nut on the the other side of the u-bolt. If just the lock nut is present, remove it and take the spare out of the carrier and inspect it for odd wear. It'll be obvious where the wear is.
  3. If you get a Drotto, inspect the winch mount and then bolster it by welding in a couple extra gussets.
  4. When landing the boat, leave just the tips of the bunk boards out of the water and it'll take little effort to get it on the trailer.
  5. Get the boat wet as often as you can and enjoy the heck out of it.
Old 12-25-2021, 12:27 PM
Slot Fish

Nice boat. I really like the Nitro layouts. Enjoy.