Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Fly to NW Ontario, without needing to rent a car - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 12-28-2021, 05:58 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by prov1800 View Post
Good to know people in high places.lol.
Ya I’d rather know people in high places rather than people who are just plain high.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2021, 07:05 PM
Wallhanger

You might try Eric Brown at Totem Lodge. Several years ago i had 46 men fly to International Falls and Eric provided vans and a bus to haul us. It went well. I don't know what he might have for a small party. It's been 10 years or so since I've talked with him.

Lodge owners will probably be the best source for knowledge about getting to their camps. Not just Eric, but others as well. They might even recommend uber drivers.
Old 12-29-2021, 07:59 AM
Slot Fish

We fly into Winnipeg and I’ve done the math a bunch of different ways. Renting a vehicle always ends up being the most economical choice for us. It sucks to leave it parked for a week, but it is what it is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2021, 03:28 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgillespie View Post
We fly into Winnipeg and I’ve done the math a bunch of different ways. Renting a vehicle always ends up being the most economical choice for us. It sucks to leave it parked for a week, but it is what it is.
I totally agree with Cgillespie. I have tried to figure out a "better" way to get to the camps/lodges as well but renting a car is always the cheapest option. The two main reasons being that most all resorts are way out away from the population centers and anytime you try to fly into the camps direct it costs way more than renting a car.
Old 12-30-2021, 11:07 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayakmatt View Post
Shuttle services are always very expensive.

Any other suggestions?
Contact your outfitter and have him ask around his lodge/base if someone would be willing to pick you up at the airport or wherever. I did this years ago flying into TB when i used an outfitter in Pickle Lake. people in these remote villages frequently travel long distances for shopping and would love to have someone pay them for the shopping trip. just takes some coordination and timing.

phish
Old 12-30-2021, 11:14 AM
Wallhanger

Location: Land of 10,000 lakes, even more taxes and the state where the police are handcuffed.

If you stay in the United States and fly into International Falls contact me. I'd be willing to take you and you stuff to any resort on Rainy, LOTW, Kab & Namakin. United States side only. At the end of your trip I can pick you up and return you to the International Falls airport.
Old 12-30-2021, 11:21 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Minnesota guy View Post
If you stay in the United States and fly into International Falls contact me. I'd be willing to take you and you stuff to any resort on Rainy, LOTW, Kab & Namakin. United States side only. At the end of your trip I can pick you up and return you to the International Falls airport.
That's a vreat offer.
Another way to travel would be the bus trips that North Shore Lodge offers and Temple Bay Lodge.Ride in comfort.Both lodges do America plan and don't need a guide if you don't want.Eagle lake is a great fishery. Depends on where you live but the buses have pick up cities.Have guided at both camps and most passengers say they love it.
Old 01-01-2022, 05:05 PM
Slot Fish

Default Temple Bay and Moose Point

Yeah, I used to see those bus trips to Temple on their website a few years ago. Don't see it offered anymore. Probably a Covid issue.

Going to look into Moose Point Lodge on Shikag Lake since they fly out of Ft Frances. I presume I could find a ride over the river from INL to their float plane base.
Old 01-01-2022, 05:30 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayakmatt View Post
Yeah, I used to see those bus trips to Temple on their website a few years ago. Don't see it offered anymore. Probably a Covid issue.

Going to look into Moose Point Lodge on Shikag Lake since they fly out of Ft Frances. I presume I could find a ride over the river from INL to 5their float plane base.
Being that close I can't see why not.
Old 01-04-2022, 02:02 PM
Wallhanger

Out of Winnipeg Sassa-ginni-gak lodge is exactly what you're looking for. They also have 2 pretty great outpost camps. They fly out of St. Andrews airport just north of Winnipeg. Have dealt with them before they'll usually arrange to pick you up and drop you off at Winnipeg airport. Worst case scenario you cab it from Winnipeg airport to St Andrews, still way cheaper than renting a vehicle.

https://www.saslodge.com/