Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
MWC Status - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Old 01-08-2009, 02:29 PM

Default MWC Status

What are everyone's thoughts on the MWC having a good turnout this year. The turnout was really down last year and I really want to fish it this year. But it is a long way to go to fish against 50-60 boats. How many boats do you guys think will get in on these tourneys. Thanks

Last edited by Juls; 01-09-2009 at 10:24 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2009, 03:41 PM
Keeper

Default MWC Field Size

I think that the MWC will have more participation this year as opposed to '08. Including myself,I know of a half dozen or so new teams that will be fishing the East division this year. I wanted to fish the East Division last season, but due to previous commitments and available vacation time, I just couldn't make things work. I think MWC will see increased field sizes from former PWT anglers and hopefully fuel prices will stay down to further increase participation. Check the MWC website www.masterswalleyecircuit.com, click on the tournaments for the division you want to fish, and click on the fact sheet for each tournament. They have the payouts published based on projected field sizes for '09.
The field size projections seem fairly accurate for the Central & East divisions based on past participation. The new West division has the fields projected conservatively at 50 boats, but I think they'll have more than that based on the lakes and the abscence of the PWT. Jump in 1 and check it out, if you like it then fish the entire division. I don't think any of the tournaments will reach the max field limit of 220, so you can pick and choose which ones to fish etc.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:50 AM
slipnut

Default mwc turnout

I think mwc made a big mistake raising tourn fees this year after a poor turnout last couple years the idea of raising price to get more payouts was foolish paying out more places is only good with full fields otherwise your cutting down payouts across the board .they said the raise in cost would not effect people but obviously it did look at early bird average 5 teams each div looks like another year of poor payouts and small fields
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2009, 10:15 AM
Charter Member

Default MWC will be stronger this year

IMO, the MWC numbers will be up this year. Both the Cental and East divisions should see slight increases in turnout. The West may pull a few from the Central, but will pick up a bunch of teams that will play due to the shorter travel distances. As far as the entry fee issue-assuming fuel prices stay reasonable stable (low to mid $2 range) the $100 entry fee increase will be easily offset by the fuel cost savings, as compared to last year. The EB entry goes on for 10 more days. They will start rolling by early next week. I also believe we will see an increase of former EB teams that teams fish all 3 division events but not sign up as EBs. I think this will be a trend unti until the EB advantage so is increased.

It boils down to this...you either fish it or you don't!

Tim

Last edited by Toolman; 01-09-2009 at 01:53 PM.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:23 AM
Charter Member

Smile

Fishin Magician, how many boats do you require to participant in a tournament? Maybe I need to re-evaluate why I fish tournies. I always thought the less boats the better chance I have to win.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:00 PM
Rich Stadler

I think early birds will be down but overall entries should be up from last year. Everyone is too scared to commit to an entire division with the way things are right now. I used to sign up as an early bird just to ensure I would make it into SV. Now that the fear of it filling overnight is gone, I feel safe signing up for one at a time.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:05 PM

Default mwc

WAZ, I am only curious. It is a minimum 8 hour travel for me comming from Canada and with the exchange rate of 20 plus percent I just want it to be worth while is all. I will probably fish the MWC anyway.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:46 PM
sammy cappelli

We mailed our early bird in on monday for the eastern division but havent heard anything back yet, is there a roster for the early birds on the MWC? I couldnt find anything but I thought someone said there were only 5 teams signed up. We only fished the Port Clinton and the dunkirk tournament last year, the tournaments are very well organized and they are all within 4 hours drive for us. We qualified for the NTC and we are planning to go but this will be our 3 trip in the last 4 years to the Dakotas...3000 miles round trip is a ton miles for one tourny,will they ever bring the NTC closer to OHIO?? Oh well hopefully the MWC will have a good tourn out this year, good luck to everyone..good fishing, sammy cappelli
Old 01-10-2009, 04:13 AM
Rich Stadler

http://guest.cvent.com/EVENTS/Info/C...2-58a0623cb68b

Does not look like you are signed up as of yesterday
Old 01-10-2009, 09:01 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishn magician View Post
What are everyone's thoughts on the MWC having a good turnout this year. The turnout was really down last year and I really want to fish it this year. But it is a long way to go to fish against 50-60 boats. How many boats do you guys think will get in on these tourneys. Thanks
I think the circuit will see good numbers. We'll see some guys that fished the PWT and other circuits competing. The West has excellent waters to fish and will see good numbers. With the payouts going deeper, more guys will get a check and fish more tourneys.
NPAA #499