Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Robotic Mowers - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 10-29-2021, 06:10 AM
Wallhanger

Default Robotic Mowers

Came across this today and thought of my friend Gerry. One of the major hang ups is usually cost. Towards the end of the video, he explains the pricing briefly (which imo neutralizes that hang up). Electric and robots are definitely evolving!! QOC is still pretty much terrible. But there's no reason to believe that won't evolve as well. Not sure if he mentioned it or not, or if I just missed it, but I didn't hear anything about run-time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2021, 06:46 AM
Wallhanger

Here's the link.

https://youtu.be/0_DaSCw0Kq0
Old 10-29-2021, 07:03 AM
Wallhanger

Sorry again - this the correct link.

https://youtu.be/0_DaSCw0Kq0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2021, 11:00 AM
Wallhanger

Interesting technology, but doesn't look applicable for homeowners. I'd be more interested in the thing if I could own it (assuming it isn't $50k!).

Given all the tech heading for autonomous vehicles, I think we will see this sort of device come well down in cost over the next 5 years.

Fingers crossed!
Old 10-30-2021, 11:52 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NM_Trout View Post
Interesting technology, but doesn't look applicable for homeowners. I'd be more interested in the thing if I could own it (assuming it isn't $50k!).

Given all the tech heading for autonomous vehicles, I think we will see this sort of device come well down in cost over the next 5 years.

Fingers crossed!

Husqvarna has been developing these for over 20 years.

https://www.husqvarna.com/us/robotic...tomower-450xh/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-30-2021, 02:04 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwood View Post
Came across this today and thought of my friend Gerry. One of the major hang ups is usually cost. Towards the end of the video, he explains the pricing briefly (which imo neutralizes that hang up). Electric and robots are definitely evolving!! QOC is still pretty much terrible. But there's no reason to believe that won't evolve as well. Not sure if he mentioned it or not, or if I just missed it, but I didn't hear anything about run-time.

I tested various robotic mowers, but they did not work for me. Maybe I was unlucky. I have a lot of fruit trees and a pond and there were a few problems .
Old 10-30-2021, 03:47 PM
Charter Member

Maybe develop into a useful tool for the ordinary folk. For whatever reason, I am reminded of the engineering saying : "Anyone can build just one".

Bill
Old 10-31-2021, 10:43 AM
Wallhanger

Most of the ones I've seen are the much smaller deck sized ones. A bit of a roomba-on-steroids sort of mowers. Seem to be more for a homeowner that wants to avoid a little bit of yard work. I'm hoping that something with a 36" deck, zero turn is available at an affordable price in the next 5 years.

Would love to only need to use a string trimmer while the robot does the heavy lifting. I'd be fine if it ran on gas or diesel. The whole let's-go-green with electric is a bit of a king without clothes, depending on where your electricity comes from.