Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Tracker Pro Guide V 175 with Merc 115 4-stroke - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 01-03-2016, 09:48 AM
Slot Fish

Default Tracker Pro Guide V 175 with Merc 115 4-stroke

Any thoughts on this combo? Seems decently priced and have not seen too many reviews either way on it other than it's a Tracker.

I troll for walleye, white bass, and hybrids, so top end is less of a concern than stability and making it thru the occasional rough water day/sudden storm. Boating is done in Oklahoma, so not thinking of Great Lakes type conditions.

Also considering G3 172 and 177 in this length, but the Tracker is over 8' wide and they are not.
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2016, 06:31 PM
Brad in north Indiana

G3 and Yamaha are going to make a way better boat regardless of the couple inches on the beam. G3 service is superb I hear while Tracker is well, still Tracker ....... All eyes on the G3 boats.
Old 01-03-2016, 08:48 PM
Slot Fish

I looked at one of these initially and ended up with a Crestliner fish hawk 1750. Similar layout but felt it was a better boat
HB Helix 8 MDI front
HB Helix 9 MSI console
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2016, 01:23 PM
Keeper

I think the red 175sc is awesome. I'm buying it with the 115!
Old 01-04-2016, 01:24 PM
Wallhanger

I have owned the G3 18.5 Angler and the Starcraft Fishmaster 202. Both larger deeper v boats for the great lakes.

Recently moved back to the great state of illinois and got a smaller rig. Its a 2011 Tracker Pro Guide with a 115 4S Merc. Single consol. Trolls great, tows great, fits in my garage. 2 guys upriver last dec we nearly hit 40 mph. Trolls down ok, better with a couple of trolling bags. It has 160 total hours with 81 hours at 0 to 750. Trolling indeed. Cheap on gas as well.

The boat was perfect for my budget and needs at the time. Will a get back into a bigger. Maybe...someday I guess. I may moving into that "tiller" phase of my life.

I liked the steering and rod locker storage/locks better in the G3. The Fishmaster was just a tank of boat, constructed well for big water.
Old 01-05-2016, 10:47 AM
Wallhanger

I also ended up w a 1750 fishhawk WT after looking around at many boats. I like the G3 myself and would take that over the tracker. Problem w the tracker is you cannot get rid of the basics it comes with, so you have to sell the fishfinders and powerdrive that is standard to do a ipilot or ulterra and install proper graphs. when you bundle that into the price its almost a wash, especially if you shop around. I got my crestliner last march and drove 600 miles to get it as a leftover with no motor, boat/trailer only and I stole it. Even had I bought a motor from dealer w purchase I would have been less that the same tracker you are looking at, I also got a motorguide wireless and a lowrance X4 in the boxes inside the boat and a bimini top w the windows in front to windshield in the price, plus a rebate of 750. shop around and dont be scared to call dealers, they wanna get rid of the 2015 now and especially a 2014 if still hanging around
Old 01-06-2016, 04:49 PM
Keeper

Same as jtg said got a Crestliner 1750 wt 115 merc.The Tracker dealer is 3miles down the road,drove 60 miles for the Crestliner and i am very happy.

Tags
oklahoma , pro guide , tracker , v175