Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Fishing partner group interest? - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Share A Seat

Old 09-15-2019, 09:32 AM
Slot Fish

I've tried to reply to some of you, not all replys went through. Let's keep this tread active, until we can figure out a way to communicate. There are enough of us out here, always looking for company. I've been a little busy lately, but always hit that point, where I say F it, and just drop everything to fish. I have no problem driving 3 hours, just to fish for 2 days. I've been on Chain of Lakes, IL, 6 days this week, and nothing but bluegill to show for it. I feel a 2 day trip coming soon. I'll post on here, when I figure it out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2019, 04:56 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcleofly View Post
I’m in West Michigan. I like to Walleye fish. The hardest part about owning a boat is finding another guy to fish out of it lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where are you at in west Michigan. Semi Retired in Kalamazoo/Portage area.

dvl2700

A little government and a little luck are necessary in life, but only a fool trusts either of them !
Old 10-14-2019, 07:21 PM
Keeper

ChrisL27 PM sent.
Old 11-21-2019, 10:10 AM
Minnow

Northeast Illinois myself (Wauconda area). I too am retired and looking for a fishing partner.......Would love to learn Lake Michigan, COL, Lake Geneva or others. My boat or yours........... Fishing by yourself is nice, but.....
Old 11-21-2019, 11:07 AM
Slot Fish

Wolf River, Winnecone info. As of January 1st, Wolf River system will go to 3 fish a day, 15 inch limit, to improve the fishery.
Old 12-10-2019, 06:41 AM
Slot Fish

Everything keeps going right, I'll be living in the Winnecone area by mid spring. Always hated the city, and now I have the opportunity to get out of here. Looking at places around Boom Bay area, but still a little early to tell. I'll be getting the boat ready in mid March, last year I started going up April 7th. For now my trips are mostly last minute departures. Once bills are paid, and theres a nice reserve, I just grab the dog n go. 90% of my things stay packed all the time, so it's easier. Only problem with being self employed, is fighting that urge to stay on the water extra days...
I have a 1981 Smokercraft 18.5, 65HP
She's almost as old as me, and smokes even more, but reliable and tough. For the money I have in it, I couldn't be happier. I've also been told by locals up there, that it is the perfect river boat for that area. Just wish I could find a reasonably priced 80-90HP for her. She will do 30mph, but when I have 1 or 2 guys and the dog, plus gear, it's hard to get on plane.
I'll post once in a while, just so this thread stays active.
PS I'd love to get out ice fishing for some eyes or WB. I watch Larry Smith on YouTube, and learn a little here n there, but I've never been out on the ice, and have no equipment. If anyone is interested in possibly getting a guide for a day or 2, get on the ice, let me know.
Spring can't come fast enough.
My brother lives on Nippersink Creek, near Rustic Harbor Marina. He just picked up a sled and shack for on the ice, with some used equipment. But, we have never been out. So, if anyone has ice fished the Chain, I have access to free equipment use, just need some guidance.
MERRY CHRISTMAS
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191210-071745_Gallery_1575985286037.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	314152  
Old 12-10-2019, 08:57 AM
Wallhanger

I am in West Suburbs of Chicago. Have no boat but willing to split gas cost etc. I am not retired but can work around long weekends. If someone needs fill in the spring, keep me in mind. Green Bay probably is as far as I would travel.
Old 12-11-2019, 12:08 PM
Keeper

Soon to be retired a few months left. I'm in on this. always looking to go with someone. Live west of Chicago about an hour. I fish the chain and cooling lakes.

gdi
Ken
Old 03-14-2020, 06:38 AM
Keeper

Default Waukesha/Milwaukee Area

47 year old with 38 vacation days a year and maybe use a third. Will likely be one of my greater regrets when all is said and done. Work in healthcare and have spoken with enough old-timers who urge us to get out there while we can.

For last 20 years, I maybe get out 1 or 2 times all year. For last 3 years I made a 1 week trip to Canada happen.

I have a rarely used old 96' Lund Explorer, but would prefer to join someone else in their boat initially who has more experience than me (and knows that their boat is going to start...unlike me sometimes).

If someone is ever looking for a day trip around the area and looking for company, I'd appreciate it. Fish species does not matter, getting out of the office does.
Old 03-14-2020, 07:38 PM
Wallhanger

Default fishing sometime

Recently retired. Live in NE Illinois (Wauconda/Grayslake area). Willing to use my boat or share expenses with anyone else. Not an expert by any means but more fun to fish with someone than alone. Shoot me an email and give me a day or so notice.
Brian
evan2003@att.net