Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Ranger $$ up 9% for 2022 boats - Page 9 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 10-25-2021, 09:22 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbanker View Post
I worked hard trying to locate a good used boat, but the prices were nearly the same as new boats. Adding the fact that warrantees expired on all the parts and motors the real cost of a used boat was higher than a new boat. Also, with new boats you get better interest rates and terms. I bought a 2022 Nitro at last year's prices (the prices went up the week after I ordered it). It should get here in about 10 days hopefully.
We were in the same boat (see what I did there) five years ago. Family asked why we weren't looking at used boats. I pulled up all the listings and showed them the prices were very close for anything around five years old and then we didn't have warranty, etc. We hunted and bought a demo boat at the end of the season and still got a "new" warranty, still love it. Finally upgrading to decent electronics now.

Now, new cars, I'm hitting mental blocks on new cars. Mine is a 2010 with 180,000 and wife has a 2011 with 99,000. Her car needed repairs a few weeks ago and we had a serious discussion on whether it made more sense to go buy something new (it will need more work soon). Having a really hard time getting over the prices, especially when looking at something like an Expedition or Tahoe...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2021, 12:52 PM
Keeper

Default Prices

Do you think in 10 years the prices of these new 21' boats is going to be close to $200,000? Will be still be asking ourselves when will this end? When will people quit paying this amount of money for a new boat?

Who would have thought in 2010 the boat that was $65,000 is now over $100,000 today? Did you see that coming?

I don't know the answer, just pondering the question.
Old 10-26-2021, 02:22 PM
Wallhanger

To keep up with the Jones it's expensive. However it doesn't take much of a watercraft just to go fishing. It's what we talk ourselves into "needing" that causes the problem.
Old 10-26-2021, 02:40 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Minnesota guy View Post
To keep up with the Jones it's expensive. However it doesn't take much of a watercraft just to go fishing. It's what we talk ourselves into "needing" that causes the problem.
Old 10-26-2021, 06:34 PM
Keeper

Default Scarecity of

I think it’s a scarcities of skilled workers or maybe not even skilled workers, of material, essentially no mass production. Each boat handcrafted. There is no economy of scale for boats. The fewer that are ordered the higher the price goes. Eventually the price will go so high that either people will be forced to build their own like pilots building home built airplanes or boat builders will go out of business. Small airplanes are so expensive is why there is a big home built market for them. Maybe some enterprising person/entrepreneurs will start to supply precut and formed aluminum parts for people to put their own boats together. How hard would it be to learn how to rivet aluminum together?

Last edited by alanexpup; 10-26-2021 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Spell correct does just the opposite