Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Gulf Shores Alabama fishing - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 10-25-2021, 03:49 PM
Wallhanger

Default Gulf Shores Alabama fishing

Lucked into a 2 week campsite at the state park there. Leaving in a couple of days. Any recommendations for a saltwater charter or two? Looks to be the slow season, and not prime for some species, but it's fishing! Wife gets antsy if longer than 4-5 hrs, but that seems to be enough for an inshore, or deep water trip.
Probably will be mostly catch and release, unless there is a reasonable freeze/pack/ship suggestion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2021, 09:10 PM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=GBS;6605796]Lucked into a 2 week campsite at the state park there. Leaving in a couple of days. Any recommendations for a saltwater charter or two? Looks to be the slow season, and not prime for some species, but it's fishing! Wife gets antsy if longer than 4-5 hrs, but that seems to be enough for an inshore, or deep water trip.
Probably will be mostly catch and release, unless there is a reasonable freeze/pack/ship suggestion.[/QUOT

alot of people fish the oil and gas rigs in that area down there, amberjack, big grouper and everything else.. if ya hook into a nice thresher shark i'd stick a knife in him and bring him home, good stuff on the bbq and kinda expensive at the store, if you could freeze and bring home 50 - 100 lbs of that, its worth it
Old 10-25-2021, 09:14 PM
Minnow

Default Gulf Shores

Try Captain Joe Buskins
Had many good trips with him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2021, 05:23 AM
Wallhanger

After two winters in Key West we were invited to try Gulf Shores. What a great spot. Don’t discount the surf fishing on Gulf State beach. Plenty of Pompano, Whiting, flounder , Specs, and an occasional Bull Red and Drum. For the beach I prefer a 7’6” to 8’ med rod with a medium fast action and 20 lb braid on a 2500 size reel. I only mention tackle because most tourists use far to heavy of gear. I suggest you watch Bama Beach Bum YouTube videos if you haven’t surf fished much. He’s a local guide in the area. There is also a heck of a fishing pier in Gulf Shore just a mile west of the park. The reef fishing is spectacular also. Unfortunately Red Snapper season is closed until next May but there are many other species. Perhaps the most spectacular feature of the area is the 30 mile bike/ hike trail that goes through the park. If you’re a biking and nature enthusiast you’ll love it. If you do hit the trail say hello to Lefty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-26-2021, 09:17 PM
Wallhanger

Was at the State Park about 5 years ago, but only for a few days. Hence excited to go back. Spent too much time (according to my wife) on the pier, watching others catch fish. Thanks for the tip on surf fishing. Maybe I will pack my Northern rod!
Old 10-27-2021, 08:30 PM
Keeper

Old lady and I hit the redneck Rivera in Alabama each year. You cannot beat the buffets in that part of the country
Old 10-28-2021, 12:10 AM
Minnow

Default Fishing

Several head boats in Orange Beach. I used "Reel Surprise" last winter. Winter rates were $65 for 6 hour trip. Think summer rates are closer to $100. Lots of snapper, beeliners, porgies and dolphin to steal your catch on the way up.
Old 10-28-2021, 08:18 AM
Wallhanger

I don't know any charters in that area. but I would just ask at the marinas or do a search online for oil rig charters. the rigs have the best fishing around. I've watched several shows on tv about fishing the rigs. I've seen them catch just about everything there at the rigs.,