Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Ranger $$ up 9% for 2022 boats - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 07-30-2021, 07:42 AM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Common Man View Post
There's a rigged 2021 Ranger 622FS Pro for sale in Sauk Rapids MN $139900....so you might be a little low on your estimates

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...8-78bf9633e0a9

That doesn't include sales tax. So in the great state of Minnesota you can tack on another 6.9%.
I would have to catch a fish every 10 minutes for the rest of my life to substantiate paying $140K + taxes for a fishing boat. Last boat I bought the wife demanded and got all new kitchen appliances in return. If I need to catch a fish every 10 minutes I might as well just live in the boat, and if I brought that boat home my wife would demand that I live in it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2021, 08:51 AM
Just 1 thing

Name one thing that isn't totally influenced by commodity stock pricing that has increased in price and gone back down later. I'll be waiting a while for an answer. This isn't walmart where 2 years from now there will be a smiley face on a rollback sign next to the ranger. New boat prices will continue to go up and people that can't afford it will continue to ***** about the people that can afford them.
Old 07-30-2021, 09:12 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
There's a rigged 2021 Ranger 622FS Pro for sale in Sauk Rapids MN $139900....so you might be a little low on your estimates

That doesn't include sales tax. So in the great state of Minnesota you can tack on another 6.9%.
Yeah, nice boat ? Listed 8 weeks ago ! Why isn't it selling🤔
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2021, 11:37 AM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldowillie View Post
I would have to catch a fish every 10 minutes for the rest of my life to substantiate paying $140K + taxes for a fishing boat. Last boat I bought the wife demanded and got all new kitchen appliances in return. If I need to catch a fish every 10 minutes I might as well just live in the boat, and if I brought that boat home my wife would demand that I live in it.
Same thing happened to me with my new Lund, kitchens are expensive......
Old 07-30-2021, 01:00 PM
Keeper

Quote:

Try buying that boat in Canada, add at least another 35% !
Old 07-30-2021, 06:54 PM
Wallhanger

Everyone probably has a drug. Those on here it is fishing. I don't know how often you trade boats. Don't know how you use yours or how many hours a year you put on it. There are a lot of people who have a tremendous amount of money to spend. If fishing is YOUR drug habit and you have the money chase the boat you want and don't think twice. I'm 50 now and have started burying friends. If that 622 allows you to fish in tough conditions where a 620 won't .................. Enjoy and don't look back! I just purchased a Warrior this past year and for myself it is the best money spent. In about 8 years there will be a second purchase of a Warrior as a retirement boat!
Old 07-30-2021, 08:47 PM
Wallhanger

nice boats and cars definitely dont wear you out . I feel better coming out of my boat than when I got in it 10 hours earlier. they make just about everything easier therefore I stay out a lot longer. that being said, loading the 621 and the 119 are night and day. that 119 loads itself...
Old 07-31-2021, 08:39 AM
Wallhanger

Smile

Honestly, I had 60k invested into my 2015 ZV18. That was my cutoff. Maybe if I made my living on a boat I could stomach more than that but honestly I rarely fish a tournament anymore and the kids take up more of my time with other things not fishing and boating related. It's hard to have that kind of money invested into a hobby that you don't get to enjoy as much as you would like to. I actually sold my ZV18 and picked up a gently used 2010 G3 185 Angler for under 20k. I haven't used it in over 2 weeks and I honestly don't care. When I do use it, it does exactly what my 60k boat did and it does it just as well. The biggest difference is that if it rubs on the dock a bit I don't risk having a meltdown. lol.

I certainly have no issues with anyone spending their own coin on a boat that expensive. I could afford one but like I said, the usage I get out it would not be on par with the price paid. Unfortunately I don't think the prices will ever come down on them. I haven't seen too many items that come down in price once they go up.

I do think I will get something a little bigger when I retire in 8.5 years. Maybe a 2075 lund pro v or 2075 pro v musky. I will most likely purchase one that is a few years old to save some money for newer electronics/upgrades.

Last edited by egladding; 07-31-2021 at 08:44 AM.
Old 07-31-2021, 03:29 PM
Wallhanger

Default Ranger $$ up 9% for 2022 boats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus Dog View Post
Everyone probably has a drug. Those on here it is fishing. I don't know how often you trade boats. Don't know how you use yours or how many hours a year you put on it. There are a lot of people who have a tremendous amount of money to spend. If fishing is YOUR drug habit and you have the money chase the boat you want and don't think twice. I'm 50 now and have started burying friends. If that 622 allows you to fish in tough conditions where a 620 won't .................. Enjoy and don't look back! I just purchased a Warrior this past year and for myself it is the best money spent. In about 8 years there will be a second purchase of a Warrior as a retirement boat!
Don't look ahead to 8 yrs and second Warrior. Enjoy the present each and every day, I speak from experience that I really don't know where my 21 years in retirement have gone. I enjoy each and every day regardless of fishing or following the grandkids in sports, they also enjoy fishing. The bad thing about retirement is that you age, not putting the brakes on time. Best of luck to you with your Warrior.
Old 07-31-2021, 04:35 PM
Keeper

On July 4th of this year I sold my 2015 Ranger 620FS for $500 more than I paid for it.

When something like a boat increase in value 5 years after the initial purchase there is something really wrong
in that market. I'm not sure if its inflation, supply/demand, FOMO or something else. I also see that Ranger has increased prices by 9% across the board for 2022. I don't get it....