Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
new pro guide radio sucks - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 07-07-2015, 05:09 PM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad L. View Post
I had the same issue with my 1850 impact xs.
Found the antenna wire (white) which there is 2 ends splitting off either way...stripped the end of one a little ways then loosened one of the bolts for the windshield wrapped the stripped end around the stud then tightened up the nut.
Turned the windshield frame into an antenna. ...works well...picked up alot more stations.
Very cool idea.
HB 1199 SI HD / HB 959 HD

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2015, 10:12 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevethomps View Post
I just put this Tune Trapper marine edition antenna into my Ranger w a Lowrance SonicHub and it is picking up Am and FM stations from a good distance away with exceptional clarity. Nice part about them is you can stick them anywhere...even up under a gunnel or console - like I did- so you cant even see it and it works great. $40

http://www.tunetrapper.com/marine_antenna.html

Seen this post and ordered a tune trapper 5 mins later. I have a 2012 pro guide and they have an extendable antenna mounted not far from the electronics console. It gotten beaten up and is cracking. Just a matter of time before I had to replace it. If this works as advertised it will be great to have the antenna hidden, especially in a tiller.
Old 07-08-2015, 01:35 PM
Minnow

I just think it sucks that I have to put money into a 32000 boat to have a radio. That I already paid for. Wtf
Old 07-09-2015, 10:03 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnfinn View Post
I just think it sucks that I have to put money into a 32000 boat to have a radio. That I already paid for. Wtf
If you thought buying a boat was a 1 and done deal you are dead wrong. Boat stands for Break Out Another Thousand... Get used to it. It doesn't matter what brand boat, motor, ect it never ends.
Old 07-09-2015, 10:30 AM
Slot Fish

I just installed a radio in my 1725 Pro Guide and it works great. I did not go with the radios Lund is currently using. I did a ton of research and it seems that some of the new round radios do not have very good reception of radio stations no matter what antenna you use.
Old 07-09-2015, 10:44 AM
Wallhanger

I installed the VHF/FM splitter on my Impact, I have the Infinity radio from the factory. I get better reception than the stock antenna.
Old 07-09-2015, 08:33 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamlund View Post
If you thought buying a boat was a 1 and done deal you are dead wrong. Boat stands for Break Out Another Thousand... Get used to it. It doesn't matter what brand boat, motor, ect it never ends.
Truer words have never been spoken!!!

Right before "The 2 best days of boat ownership are the day you buy it..and the day you sell it!
Old 07-10-2015, 09:24 AM
Keeper

Definately skip the "upgrade" and do your own installs on things like this. I put in a super cheap, highly replaceable, radio into my boat this summer that I can hook up to satellite radio through my phone. Easy, I know it will work (because I wired it myself) and I can literally replace this stereo 7 times before I cover the price of the stock stereo!
Old 07-11-2015, 06:29 AM
Wallhanger

I asked my dad years ago if he would put a radio in his boat. He said 'why, are we going fishing or going to a f^^^^^ dance?' Now that I'm older I can appreciate his strong opinion.
In my boat I found the antenna is the weak point but never replaced it and the radio hasn't been turned on in 7-8 years.
Old 07-11-2015, 07:54 PM
Slot Fish

[QUOTE=bubba800;4037289]I asked my dad years ago if he would put a radio in his boat. He said 'why, are we going fishing or going to a f^^^^^ dance?' Now that I'm older I can appreciate his strong opinion.
In my boat I found the antenna is the weak point but never replaced it and the radio hasn't been turned on in 7-8 years.[/QUOTE

Sun is setting in the distance, lake is like glass, the bite is great and the twins are on the radio with a big come from behind walk off......tough to beat that!
9.9 Pro Kicker
Ultera 112 w/iPilot Link
HB Solix 12
HB Helix 10 MDI