Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Elite Ti2 Transducer And Mapping Question - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 05-21-2021, 08:25 AM
Keeper

Default Elite Ti2 Transducer And Mapping Question

I just purchased a bundle package of Elite Ti2 9” and 12” graphs and it comes with a single 3-1 Active Image transducer. I am replacing two HDS 7 g3/g2 and I have a 2d duvet epoxied in the hull and a less-2 on the transom. I will be removing all of the HDS stuff when the new units show up.

Question#1 - Should I just use the 3-1 on the transom or should I try to pick up a 2-1 with a y cable and use the 3-1 on the terrova at the bow? My terrova has us2 so I can use that with the 9” up front.

Question #2 - I current have a Navionics North map chip that the update ran out last year. The package came with CMAP Discover Map card. Should I use the CMAP or keep the navionics card and sell the CMAP card.

Thanks for your help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2021, 09:01 AM
Keeper

I would use the 3 in 1 tranducer for side imaging. I prefer the Navionics card over the CMap.
Yamaha 9.9 HP
Lowrance Elite FS
Old 05-23-2021, 03:29 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjcodner View Post
I just purchased a bundle package of Elite Ti2 9” and 12” graphs and it comes with a single 3-1 Active Image transducer. I am replacing two HDS 7 g3/g2 and I have a 2d duvet epoxied in the hull and a less-2 on the transom. I will be removing all of the HDS stuff when the new units show up.

Question#1 - Should I just use the 3-1 on the transom or should I try to pick up a 2-1 with a y cable and use the 3-1 on the terrova at the bow? My terrova has us2 so I can use that with the 9” up front.

Question #2 - I current have a Navionics North map chip that the update ran out last year. The package came with CMAP Discover Map card. Should I use the CMAP or keep the navionics card and sell the CMAP card.

Thanks for your help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For $99 you can get the Navionics+ US and Canada large map, normally $200 if that old card is registered on your account. I just purchased one.

I prefer the 3 in 1 on the stern. I have an elite 12 ti2 on the bow and an elite 12 ti2 on console. The 3 in 1 is on the stern and I have the adapter cable for the US2 up front. So on the front I run a split screen with mapping on the left side half, then front 2d on the top right and rear 2d on the bottom right. It works quite well. I find my spots with the 3 in 1 while driving around and graphing, mark the spots and then fish with 2d off the bow.
I also have an elite ti2 9" on the console. It is networked with the console 12 via NMEA 2k network. This way I can mark a waypoint on either unit and it goes to the other. I try to mark all waypoints on the console 12 so it also goes to the bow 12.
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2021, 07:18 AM
Keeper

Thanks guys for the ideas here is what I did.

I installed the 3-1 on the transom and hooked that up to the TI2 12" at the console. I am just going to use the US2 in the trolling motor and I hooked that up to the 9" at the bow.

For mapping I put in the Navionics card into the 12" and zoomed in on the lakes that I fish. I found out that it didn't go down to 1' on the lake closest to me. So I put in the CMAP chip and it went down to 1' depth rings on the same lake. I also checked to see if it mapped out Lake of the Woods and it does so I sold the Navionics card for $90.
Old 06-09-2021, 07:31 AM
Wallhanger

If I were you I would keep a traditional transducer and buy the 7 to 9 pin adapter if you want to mark fish on plane the 3-1 sucks.

I have a Elite FS 9 and Ti2, picked up the 7 to 9 adapter to run a 200/50 ducer for running on plane and it marks excellent picks up walleye and suspended musky at 30 mph on the ti2.

The new FS has FAR better mapping and screen than the ti2.

The 3 and 1 does have good 83 for trolling and nice side, down, fish reveal screens though.

You can wifi the two together FYI can't share side and down but can share 2d and waypoints etc.

Last edited by K Gonefishin; 06-09-2021 at 07:33 AM.
Old 06-09-2021, 04:20 PM
Charter Member

You can wifi the two together FYI can't share side and down but can share 2d and waypoints etc.

Wait, , , , , , , you can do what with an FS and Ti2???
Old 06-10-2021, 09:20 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker View Post

Wait, , , , , , , you can do what with an FS and Ti2???
NOPE! I wish, why I'll upgrade my ti2 to another FS or Live so I can network them.

I was responding to OP, he has two Ti2 which will network through wifi.
Old 06-10-2021, 10:12 AM
Charter Member

Old 06-11-2021, 08:55 AM
Keeper

Although they cost twice as much than the Ti2's. Next time I'm going to pull the trigger on the HDS Live so they can network together and there aren't any limitations.
Yamaha 9.9 HP
Lowrance Elite FS