Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Favorite steakhouse - Page 9 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 06-14-2021, 05:01 PM
Wallhanger

I canít remember the name of the place, but it was a high end steakhouse out in the desert......guessing 30-40 miles east of El Paso,TX. The main dining area had glass walls so you could watch the coyotes feeding on steak scraps at night. The property was also used for many motion pictures back in the day.

Maybe someone on here would remember the name of that place.

PjShorthorn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2021, 05:12 PM
foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjshorthorn View Post
I canít remember the name of the place, but it was a high end steakhouse out in the desert......guessing 30-40 miles east of El Paso,TX. The main dining area had glass walls so you could watch the coyotes feeding on steak scraps at night. The property was also used for many motion pictures back in the day.

PjShorthorn
the owner closed that place and recently opened up a fine dining restaurant in the hood of chicago
Old 06-14-2021, 05:24 PM
Minnow

Balloons in Auburn NY and Del Frisco in Orlando FL.
Old 06-14-2021, 06:10 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatar View Post
St. Elmo's Indianapolis
St. Elmo’s for me and shrimp cocktail is the best
Old 06-14-2021, 06:37 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtaproot View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agronomist_at_ia View Post
It’s 2 hrs from omaha North on HWY 60. The chop shop in Omaha is good steaks otherwise.

I just took a 1700# Roan cross steer to the butcher. Should end up with a little over 1,000lbs of meat. From ground beef, steaks, and roast it will average $2.60 lb across the board. Can’t wait corn fed local beef it’s gonna have flavor.
You should have taken that beast to the Iowa State Fair. I bet that cow was so old that the kids cried when it was taken away. I suggest a case of wishbone itallian dressing from amazon because I think you will be doing a lot of marination. Hope I am wrong and, if you know beef like you know weed, my guess is I am wrong
It’s not old it’s a young one. Corn silage & shelled corn has a lot of stored energy vs grass….they pack the pounds on quick. Was short and fat. Walked around like a barrel on 4 legs.

This is the type that will be top grade. Young and tender, fat for flavor, and fed to the ma
Old 06-14-2021, 08:53 PM
Wallhanger

Default Favorite steakhouse Reload this Page Reply to Thread

Quote:

PjShorthorn
Name of the restaurant is Cattleman's
Old 06-14-2021, 11:48 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by btyreprich View Post
Name of the restaurant is Cattleman's
Yep, you are correct. Thanks for helping me remember that old memory .

PjShorthorn
Old 06-15-2021, 03:22 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Winds View Post
YES it is.......super easy peasy..........to say you will be eating ash only means that person has never done it and might like Ponderosa steaks better....yuk.....
Just because I've never done it, doesn't mean I don't know what a good steak is. I don't eat at Ponderosa, or any chains for that matter.

Best steak I've had so far was a 2" Ribeye of Wygu beef on a Traeger grill. High temp to sear it, and then turned down until a perfect Med/Rare.

I've had steaks at some high end top notch steak houses across the country, but that one meal stands out at the top of my list. Flavorful and juicy....Perfect.
NPAA#89

Supporting Vendor
Guide (Lake Erie Western Basin)
JulsWalleyeFishingAdventures.com
Old 06-15-2021, 12:03 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:

PjShorthorn
CATTLEMANS.....
Still in business as far as I know...
Buddy lives in EL PASO and loves it...
Been on Food TV and Andrew Zimmerns shows...
HDS 8 Gen 1
Old 06-15-2021, 12:13 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxy View Post
Quote:
I can’t remember the name of the place, but it was a high end steakhouse out in the desert......guessing 30-40 miles east of El Paso,TX. The main dining area had glass walls so you could watch the coyotes feeding on steak scraps at night. The property was also used for many motion pictures back in the day.

PjShorthorn [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/images/smilies/rock-on.gif[/IMG]
the owner closed that place and recently opened up a fine dining restaurant in the hood of chicago
Hey Foxy ! You wouldn't happen to know the name of the place the owner opened up in the hood of Chicago would you ? ..........