Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lake McConaughy - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 09-19-2021, 03:30 PM
Minnow

Default Lake McConaughy

I'm planning on going to lake McConaughy next Sunday, 9/26. Is launching a boat an issue? I understand the water level is low and I'm concerned I could have problems. I have a Lund 2075 so it requires a little higher water level than some.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2021, 07:39 PM
Wallhanger

There are some low water launches outside of Lemoyne. I would just launch at Spillway Bay however and make the run if need be, wind permitting. Spillway is all I use this time of year. Watch for the big hazard at the mouth of the bay.
Lowrance Elite 9Ti2
Lowrance Elite FS9
Pulled by 2021 Chevy Trail Boss 6.2L
Old 09-21-2021, 08:40 AM
Minnow

Spillway Bay is dry and not an option. Divers Bay is good but road is dusty so keep tarp on if this concerns you. Low water ramp at Martin Bay is good to go as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2021, 07:11 PM
Minnow

Thanks for the information. Is Otter Bay an option?
I've got a new boat so it sounds like Divers Bay won't be a good choice and the Visitors Center indicated Martin Bay may be closed for maintenance.
Old 09-24-2021, 07:30 PM
Wallhanger

Otter Bay was dry months ago. I haven't been down there in 1.5 months and had no idea Spillway was dry. It's been years since I've seen the lake that low. I know they will start filling it back up soon, but may make it interesting for November slabbing if it stays way down. I'm not a fan of Martin with low water. I barely got my 17' boat on and off my trailer let alone my bigger 19'. I am planning on doing some recon next week when we go to our other house in Nebraska and will know more.
Lowrance Elite 9Ti2
Lowrance Elite FS9
Pulled by 2021 Chevy Trail Boss 6.2L
Old 09-25-2021, 07:29 AM
Minnow

Again, thanks for the feedback. It sounds like launching my boat at McConaughy could be a real challenge.
I understand Otter Bay has a low water ramp.Can anyone confirm that? If so, is it useable?
Old 09-25-2021, 07:53 AM
Wallhanger

I haven’t been to the lake since June, so I don’t have current information.

As general advice there are places you can launch directly on the shore. Watch for those locations where others are launching without getting stuck in the sand.

The go to backup plan is to pay to launch by tractor. North Shore, Admirals Cove and Vans are among the places where historically tractor launch has been available.
Old 09-27-2021, 05:47 AM
Keeper

Sorry that I didn't see this sooner.

Divers Bay is/was your best option. Yes it is dusty for 1.5 miles but launching is no problem.

The low water ramp near Otter Creek is Cedar view lake side ramp. It is usable but not the best option, also the Lemoyne low water ramp is usable but not the best option.
Old 09-27-2021, 07:02 AM
Minnow

When I said Martin Bay I was talking about low water ramp by the dam. No idea why they would shut that down. The improvements are being made in the bay not at low water ramp that I’m aware off.
Old 09-27-2021, 05:58 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeMac Nitro View Post
When I said Martin Bay I was talking about low water ramp by the dam. No idea why they would shut that down. The improvements are being made in the bay not at low water ramp that I’m aware off.
Nitro is your boat white with a white Merc? If so I am one of many who love that color combo. fftopic