Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
NPAA $$?? - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Old 06-23-2007, 07:12 AM
Unlogged Eric Olson

Default RE: NPAA $$??

10 pound,

I would've responded to this sooner but have been on the road and missed the post.

I have as a lot of other anglers have wondered what the benefit the NPAA provided not just the members but the angling and non-angling public. I had been very vocal in the past that there was no real benefit and that it is a more or less "fishing club" with no focus or visible direction.

That was then, this is now. I attended the annual meeting in IA and so pleased with the changes that I along with 3 other tournament anglers friends that I work with joined.

The NPAA has (I'm working with this personally) created an allinace with the Anglers Legacy program (look it up online) and tied it into fishing events for all ages at all the FLW tour event Walmart weigh-ins. THe success in turnout, donations and fun is incredible.

To answer your question, Are they an entity worth donating to? Without question! Is there focus, absolutely!
Is this a long term direction? definetly.

Getting involved with the NPAA prgram has allowed non anglers and families to realize how easy it really is to start fishing. Whether from the shore or from a boat or in the backyard practicing. Isn't that what we all hope will happpen? Getting the adults involved is just as important as getting the kids involved. THink about this, 90% of the adults that went fishing for the first time (Anglers Legacy Program of anglers taking non-anglers fishing) went fishing again. THe adults many times are the ones who get the kids to the water!

Look at the NPAA again, you'll be glad you did.

Eric Olson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2007, 07:26 AM
Wallhanger

10 Pounder while reading the goal for your clubs $3,000 sounds like NPAA could be a good fit. Have you exhausted all available opportunties locally that will satisfy your goals. As a outsider I have watched NPAA from its conception and feel the organization has had a positive impact on the sport of walleye fishing. I feel NPAA has raised the bar as far as professionalism is concerned in the sport of competive angling. Anytime you get like minds together benefits evolve.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:02 AM
Justasking

I looked over the top 100 NPAA list. What does one have to do to lose your top 100 number? Seems to me it has been a long time since Mike McClelland and Bruce Deshano have fished a tournament as a touring pro? What pro tour does Jimmy Saric fish? Why doesn't Mark Martin or Gary Roach have a number? Trouble in paradise?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2007, 12:27 PM
wondering

I personally fished with one of the two names in a pwt event that you are wondering why he isn't a member.

I was considering joining at the time.

I am not going to elaborate on what I was told, but he said he would never join,and I will leave it at that.

I did join anyway, and after not receiving truck decals that were paid for , and several attempts to correct the situation, I DECIDED NOT TO RENEW.

It was not due to the decal deal that I did not renew, but the fact there is no value in it for the average fisherman that I could find, or at least at that time.

I thought that belonging would help with sponsorships, not, has no bearing on it, and most every non endemic company doesn't know of nor care about it from there business standpoint.

The insurance discount wasn't worth it either, couldn't compete with what I already had.

If I wanted to spend a lot of money and vacation time that I didn't have, I could attend there annual meeting because I was a member back then.

I am sure it might help a certain few, and if it helping out kids then I am all for it as long as say 90% of the mebership fees are directly applied and used on the kids!!!

Now if being a member guarenteed you cash sponsorships, then I could see the value. example You had to meet certain criteria to belong, in which that would guarentee your proffessionalism,appearance, quality equipment, marketability as far as public speaking etc etc.
And because you have meet this criteria, the npaa has sponsor lined up waiting for these types of quality people.

This would be like having the npaa be a employment office, they interview and research your back ground, and if you qualify, they place you with potential sponsors.

If that was the case I would join again. every one that I know and compete against feels the same way within two years of being a member.

From what most of us see, it is just an expensive name decal on your motor at this point.

I am hopeful that in the close future things will change, and with the group of anglers on the board, I am sure it will.

One thing I do not like to see is someone always saying to discuss on there site. This is the site that every one goes to to read learn and discuss. This is walleye central, and a very fitting name for that reason.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:46 PM
Super Moderator

>One thing I do not like to see is someone always saying to
>discuss on there site.

Sorry you don't like to hear me say that, BUT, that's what THEY asked for.
Just relaying the message. Try to understand it from their point of view. Why have a site if no one is going to use it, other than as a phonebook directory?

Juls