Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
PWT AMATEUR PRIZE LIST - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Old 05-07-2008, 07:12 AM
jzwannafish

Default RE: PWT AMATEUR PRIZE LIST

rush, I'm an am for Mobridge and I got an email yesterday from them as well. That is the list that came to me via email too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2008, 07:22 AM
Unbelievable

THIS IS THE OFFICIAL PRIZE LIST!!
It was e-mailed out by Juls to all Ams. All i can say is WOW, no wonder they waited so long to send it out!!! This is very disappointing. Last year a boat for first, this year a graph??? $45,000 worth of amateur entry fees and this is the payout? I know this will be my last tournament as a co-angler with the PWT. I should've saved my $375 and entered a tournament where I could actually win something. Kind of hard to convince the wife that paying $375 for a tournament, to place 7th out of 120 teams and this is what I would win: 7. Gerbing’s $155 heated vest with battery pack; Northland $50 gc.

Unbelievable
Old 05-07-2008, 07:31 AM
Charter Member

just look on thier site

http://www.in-fisherman.com/pwt/tour...ridgeAmprizes/

sheesh

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2008, 07:42 AM
two ways

A person could look at this two ways 1. Yes it doesn't compare to the FLW CO angler payout. 2. You are fishing for three days with a pro for $375 and all 110 co anglers come home with a prize. I think $375 is not bad for a three day guided trip some guides charge $300 a day. I mean face it fishing as a co-angler is a crap shoot a luck of the draw thing if you get placed in the boat that is on the fish. So in my opinion knowing that it is a crap shoot I would go into it as a learning experiance and come home with at least a new Lowrance hand held GPS that I could use for hunting or Ice fishing. With all my rambling I do agree about the Mercury gift cetificates being a waste unless the person who wins it is in the market for buying a new boat.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:55 AM
No Way

Fishing as a co-angler is not like being on a three-day guided trip. A guide trip is laid back and pure fun. As a co-angler you are under pressure to perform and assist the pro.

Save your 375 and hire a good guide on your vacation this year or if ya gotta fish tourneys try out local events of Walleye Fishing League events.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:54 AM
Charter Member

The thing that looks odd is that you can place lower than other teams and get a higher value prize.
I fished the PWT in 94 and didn't do it for the prizes. I looked at it as a learning experience and would think most peole would too.
Bob
Old 05-07-2008, 09:45 AM
Keeper

I am going to disagree with most of you. I too like to fish for cash, but I am looking forward to learning the Mobridge area. Most of the prizes are over $200 value. I'm already a winner and I haven't caught anything yet! I think it will be more relaxing now that there is no big prizes to hold my breathe for. I am just looking forward to 3 nice days of fishing and not being at work:)
Old 05-07-2008, 09:54 AM
Charter Member

Considering that the PWT was basically on its death bed earlier, I would say they have worked pretty darn hard to put together a ton of prizes to give away. It is a departure from the top teams getting some huge prizes and the bottom teams getting nothing, but I think it's actually a pretty good move considering what they have to work with. I don't think most of the ams are really doing it for the prizes anyway. They are doing it for the experience and now everyone goes home with some stuff.

By the way those mercury certificates are tranferrable and usually bring about 75% cash value. They are not hard to sell.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:21 AM
jzwannafish

I too am fishing this for one reason. To learn Mobridge. Sure it'd be great to be able to win something, but three days of fishing for $375.00 is a steal. Hire a guide and it's $300 a day and all they usually do is take you to the local hole to catch some eaters. Here you get to fish with a person with normally a fair amount of experience and who's doing their best to get you the best fish they can. No guide will ever work that hard.

While I am just fishing it for fun, it would be nice if the PWT could organize some type of calcutta for us ams. I'd gladly throw in some $$$'s to up the competitive part for those of us who'd be willing. If not, I think us ams should get together and do our own on the side. Anyone interested?
Old 05-07-2008, 10:57 AM
Slot Fish

This is my first time fishing as a co-angler. I did not enter it to win prizes cuz from what I have been told by others that have fished as a co-angler it has always been prizes not cash. I have never been told by a co-angler that they were glad to have won great prizes or cash, but I Know a lot of co-anglers that have had one of the greatest fishing experiences of there life with some of the well known PROs. I fish other tournaments for the cash prizes.