Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
North and South Dakota Full Throttle 2009 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Old 10-03-2008, 12:58 PM
Minnow

Default North and South Dakota Full Throttle 2009

Hello Folks,

We are happy to announce that 2009 will feature an additional North Dakota and South Dakota Full Throttle Walleye Series. 3 Events in North Dakota and 3 Events in South Dakota.

Doug Bartels will be the director of both the Dakota's series. You can contact him for a tenative schedule as of right now. His number is 701-640-7292 Doug Bartels.

Next Full Throttle Tournament is on the Mississippi River pool 3/4 Oct. 19th, 08. You must have fished at least one event to qualify. You can still get in.

Good Fishing
Full Throttle Outdoors

Last edited by FishSchutz; 10-07-2008 at 06:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2008, 07:13 PM
Charter Member

Smile

Why don't you just post them for us?
NPAA #499

Last edited by Chad; 10-06-2008 at 07:15 AM.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:49 AM
jonnyrayguy

Default Sunday tourneys

If your tournaments are 1 day events, please consider having them on SUNDAYS. Many of us "weekend" tourney guys could use Saturday as a prefishing day due to lack of vacation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2008, 09:31 AM
Minnow

Default ND - SD Full Throttle 2009 Schedule

North Dakota
April 25 Devils Lake - CONFIRMED
June 6 Lake Ashtabula - CONFIRMED
Aug 29 Lake Oahe - CONFIRMED

South Dakota
May 30 Lake Traverse - CONFIRMED
June 27 Bitter Lake - CONFIRMED
Aug 22 Lake Oahe - CONFIRMED

2009 SCHEDULE (TENTATIVE-all dates subject to change and state approval)

Doug Bartels, ND-SD Series Director
Full Throttle Walleye Series
701-640-7292
bartels.doug@gmail.com

http://fullthrottleoutdoors.org/

Last edited by B8caster; 04-02-2009 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Old dates needed to be updated.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:51 AM
Charter Member

I like the lakes, but why Saturdays?

I may be alone here, but I have 10 days vacation per year. Prefishing this schedule would eat up atleast five days. Not to mention the other tourneys I fish.

Looks like I will just have to pick and choose I guess.

Sorry, I don't mean to be negative and hats off to FT for coming to SD! I am just passing on a concern of mine (and possibly others).
Old 10-07-2008, 12:41 PM
Minnow

Default Decisions, decisions...

We are glad to be serving SD as well as ND for 2009, so I appreciate your "hat tipping"! All in all it is a hard decision to make but one that went the way of holding Sat. tournaments. We would love to have you be a part of as many as you can spare...and if you want--not that it would help--I could maybe talk really nice to your boss to see if he will give you some extra TO :-)

Remember, these days are tentative and could change based on state approval, etc., so a Sunday here or there could happen. I just want you to know that we are interested in your feedback but may not always be able to put it into our plan. I hope to meet up with you somewhere along the line in 2009.

701-640-7292
bartels.doug@gmail.com

Call or Email for our Web Site link.

Last edited by B8caster; 10-07-2008 at 06:27 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:05 PM

Default Welcoming an amatuer circuit back to ND.

* Is the Aug. ND tourney actually on Oahe or is that a typo? If it is Oahe, are you having it out of W. Pollock?

* Might I suggest Sakakawea or the Missouri river....? These are two of the three highest concentrated (fishing) bodies of water in ND. My suggestion would lean towards the river as it's very favorable conditions create one heck of a fun fishery currently.

* I imagine this is a "TEAM" format circuit?

Before I insert my foot any further, I'll do a little more research. Sorry if anything appears offensive; that's not the intention. I am excited even if the details create any conflicts.

Good luck
Old 10-07-2008, 05:02 PM
Minnow

Default Thanks for a warm ND welcome.

Hey tj1n, thanks for the comments! And no offense taken.

Without giving up too many secrets--that's director speak for not all ducks lined up yet--the plan is to go out of Bismarck/Mandan and fish south. That being said, that could all change depending on various things currently in the mill and most specifically if the state will approve it or not. Since the SD event will be right before that, it made logistical sense to hold them closer together. Finding these dates and venues to be open and not competing against established tournaments (local or other) was a challenge...but one worth taking on.

With the future in mind, Sakakawea and the River are in our sights. As we plan for 2010 and beyond, those two will likely make it onto the roster of tournament locations. If we go the way I think it could, it might be two venues out West and one in the East for 2010...and then flipping it around every year. (I'm getting ahead of myself here...I better slow down:-)

You are right in assuming it is a "TEAM" format. And of course there is more information about those details on the web site at CALL ME or EMAIL me for the address, including payouts, fees, etc.

By the way, I mentioned this earlier and I'll say it again, we are interested in your thoughts. We will try to work with any ideas as best we can to plan the highest quality events for both the ND and SD series'. If you would like to get on the ND or SD mailing list so I can keep you informed, please just contact me directly by any means listed below.

And thanks again tjn1 for a friendly ND welcome. I hope we have a chance to meet up in 2009 and that the details will work to your favor. Thanks for the insights.

701-640-7292
bartels.doug@gmail.com

Call or Email for our Web Site link.

Last edited by B8caster; 10-07-2008 at 06:28 PM.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:12 AM
Charter Member

Default What

Brian,
Whats your beef with the WWC? I think Rob is doing a outstanding job with the circuit. If you have a problem don't bash the circuit just go away and leave it be. Don't be part of the problem try being part of the solution.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:00 AM
Keeper

This could be fun.

What are the entry fees??? Teams per tourney??? Potential payouts???

Nice to have some more tourneys closer to home. Mid summer on Ashtabulah would be a challenge in years to come and could be a fun possibility for the future...

One concern I have. The end of April on DL can be bruital. Tourney last spring first weekend of May AM temps in 30s, guides icing up, ice just off of the lake, and fish VERY prespawn (winning weight 4.75# 3 guys). Pushing that date back about 2 weeks would make for a much more exciting touney, better weights, and potentially more local interest. On the other hand many of us would like the increased challenge of finding the fish in those challenging conditions.

Looking forward to hearing more......