Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
North and South Dakota Full Throttle 2009 - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Old 10-09-2008, 07:49 AM

Default Look forward to meeting you... Excellent 1st Impression.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B8caster View Post
Hey tj1n, thanks for the comments! And no offense taken.

Without giving up too many secrets--that's director speak for not all ducks lined up yet--the plan is to go out of Bismarck/Mandan and fish south. That being said, that could all change depending on various things currently in the mill and most specifically if the state will approve it or not. Since the SD event will be right before that, it made logistical sense to hold them closer together. Finding these dates and venues to be open and not competing against established tournaments (local or other) was a challenge...but one worth taking on.

With the future in mind, Sakakawea and the River are in our sights. As we plan for 2010 and beyond, those two will likely make it onto the roster of tournament locations. If we go the way I think it could, it might be two venues out West and one in the East for 2010...and then flipping it around every year. (I'm getting ahead of myself here...I better slow down:-)

You are right in assuming it is a "TEAM" format. And of course there is more information about those details on the web site at CALL ME or EMAIL me for the address, including payouts, fees, etc.

By the way, I mentioned this earlier and I'll say it again, we are interested in your thoughts. We will try to work with any ideas as best we can to plan the highest quality events for both the ND and SD series'. If you would like to get on the ND or SD mailing list so I can keep you informed, please just contact me directly by any means listed below.

And thanks again tjn1 for a friendly ND welcome. I hope we have a chance to meet up in 2009 and that the details will work to your favor. Thanks for the insights.

Doug Bartels, ND-SD Series Director
Full Throttle Walleye Series
701-640-7292
[email protected]

Call or Email for our Web Site link.
Doug,

I know I've seen your name somewhere in the past, however I cannot recall when/where. Your written responses are professional and your tone is very good. I look forward to meeting you and lending an open hand.

With the implosion that fishing has taken in both the Dakotas over the last five years, I'm confident a well run "league/circuit" can be very successful.

I will be emailing you sometime today with some promotional ideas.

Best of luck!

Travis

Last edited by tj1n; 10-09-2008 at 07:51 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2008, 05:15 PM
Minnow

Default Early season challange for sure.

Hey Luveyes,

Thanks for the comments and you gotta love being the first on the water in the Spring. I recall fishing a Lake in MN on April 1, looking for those staging slab crappies, and wouldn't you know we got into some very nice Walleyes. Not the norm I know and you are right, Devils Lake, that time of year, will be a great challenge.

Moving it back a week could work but two weeks puts us in competition with the MN opener, another local event already taking place on the water, and our own tournament in SD on Lake Travers. We want to honor those established local tournaments and are willing to move to those less desirable dates to get on these excellent bodies of water. I can tell you that we will continue looking at it as we close in on the date to get our tournament applications into the Sates of ND and SD.

Send me an e-mail or give me a call to get our web site address. I can also put you on our mailing list so that you will always be informed on what's happening with the Full Throttle Walleye Series. as for web site put the traditional 3 w's in front of ftfishing followed by the typical dot com.

Looking forward to seeing you at a Full Throttle event in 2009.

701-640-7292
[email protected]
Old 12-08-2008, 03:13 PM
Minnow

Default Confirmed Full Throttle Dates for 2009

Full Throttle Walleye Series ND and SD Tournament Updates are provided below. The Lake Traverse event changed from May 16 to May 30th.

North Dakota
April 25 Devils Lake - CONFIRMED
June 6 Lake Ashtabula - CONFIRMED
Aug 29 Lake Oahe - CONFIRMED

South Dakota
May 30 Lake Traverse - CONFIRMED
June 27 Bitter Lake - CONFIRMED
Aug 22 Lake Oahe - CONFIRMED

2009 SCHEDULE (TENTATIVE-all dates subject to change and state approval)

701-640-7292
[email protected]

Last edited by B8caster; 04-02-2009 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Old dates needed to be updated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2008, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator

Doug,
I have your events listed in the "Event Calendar" too. So, if you have a site that doesn't confirm, can you email that info to me, so I can get it changed on the site for you, please?

Thanks much,

Juls
NPAA#89

Supporting Vendor
Guide (Lake Erie Western Basin)
JulsWalleyeFishingAdventures.com
Old 12-09-2008, 09:25 PM
jro1974

Wow, april 25th on DL? Last year the ice didnt leave until that same week! The year before we were still ice fishing the 22nd of April. Why not play the safe alternative and get a better date, one where you can be sure the ice is out and the fishing will be decent. Ever been to DL first weekend of May to try and catch a walleye? Like luveyes mentioned, its the spawning season. Good idea to re-think this date. Nice to see a new tournament around, however.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:39 AM
Minnow

Default Devils Lake at Ice Out...

Hey jro1974,

Thanks for the question and suggestion.

I can tell you that the date for Devils Lake is one of those tough decisions. I have talked to guys who say that there are catchable fish there that time of year and I have talked to guys who are saying similar things to what you have said. Besides the pre-spawn status, there are other tournaments the weeks following on Devils Lake and throughout the state that I would rather not compete with since they are already established. Then there is the MN governor's opener which is really early this year--May 9--though maybe competing against that isn't as much of an issue, however, there is a well established local tournament on the lake that weekend.

I looked at the Farmers Almanac and it says it's going to be a mild winter so maybe we are in line for an early ice out and perfect fishing conditions on Devils Lake by tournament time. If not, I have the Almanac to blame

In any case, I hope to see you at one of our events. If you want, I can put you on our mailing list to get our newsletter that will be coming out in January. It will have news from last year and for the upcoming year. Just PM your information to me and I would be glad to get you on our list.

701-640-7292
[email protected]

Last edited by B8caster; 12-10-2008 at 06:40 AM. Reason: Add signature
Old 12-10-2008, 07:07 AM
Keeper

As soon as the dates are set in stone please let us know. I have a partner for all of the tourneys, just need to get 2 of the 3 weekends off. Odd ? but is it a catch and kill tourney? any boat restrictions? safety equip restrictions? livewell size restrictions? Looked on your site and couldnt find some of the specifics.

Thank you very much, 2 excited guys awaiting further info.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:31 AM
Minnow

Hey luveyes,

Glad to hear you'll be joining us in 2009 for our series!!

As for your questions,

RE: Catch and Kill--those tournaments conducted in July and August can not be "Live Release" as per the ND Game and Fish Department's "Live Release Elegibility Criteria." Therfore the April and June Tournaments will be "Live Release" tournaments. The Aug 29 tournament on Oahe will not be. You can get a copy of the "Live Realease Eligibility Critera document from the ND Game and FIsh Department for further revie.

RE: Safety Restrictions--If you look on the web site (I know you said that you had--theres a lot of stuff there) it is under the rules link. The link is a red button about 1/3rd the way down the page and half way accross. To answer you question yes...particularly regarding life vests to be worn while comustion engine is moving faster than "slow no wake" AND you MUST have an automatic kill switch...further details on the site...www then ftfishing and then dot com.

RE: Live Well & Size--again, this is in the rules section on the site but yes, you must have a fully functioning livewell...and sizes will comply to state regulations, including specific regulations for bodies of waters fished...

Hey, thanks for the questions and I'll be sure to keep you up to speed if things should change or if new information becomes available.

701-640-7292
[email protected]

Old 12-10-2008, 08:43 PM
Rich Stadler

My partner Rob and I fished 2 of the Wisconsin tournaments last year. It was VERY well run and we had a blast. They treated us to a fantastic dinner after the rules meeting and had lots of awesome door prizes. Payouts were great and I have nothing negative to say about FT. We are looking forward to fishing the circuit again this coming year.
Old 12-15-2008, 03:25 PM
Super Moderator

Hey Doug,
can you email me Mark Derricks' email addy? I saw him at Ranger two weeks ago and he was going to get me the Wisco schedule to get up on the Events Calendar and Tourney Finder. I'd like to touch base with him to see if that's ready yet.

My email is: [email protected]

thanks,
Juls
NPAA#89

Supporting Vendor
Guide (Lake Erie Western Basin)
JulsWalleyeFishingAdventures.com