Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
North and South Dakota Full Throttle 2009 - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Old 12-22-2008, 08:56 AM
Minnow

Default Confirmed Full Throttle Dates for 2009

I just received the approval letter for the last tournament in SD. The Lake Oahe Tournament in Mobridge is official as of today, Dec. 22, 2008 but as always subject to change--not likely though. Just a reminder that the Lake Traverse event changed from May 16 to May 30th for those of you who had the earliest tentative dates. I have a few wrinkles to work out with the State of ND yet. They have the permit requests but we may need to switch the locations around but keep the dates the same. STAY TUNED...and check back periodically to check the status of the ND tournaments.

If you want to get on our mailing lists let me know. Just send me an e-mail with your contact information and we'll get you the latest and greatest information and registration information when it becomes available. Hey and Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!

North Dakota
April 25 Devils Lake - CONFIRMED
June 6 Lake Ashtabula - CONFIRMED
Aug 29 Lake Oahe - CONFIRMED

South Dakota
May 30 Lake Traverse - CONFIRMED
June 27 Bitter Lake - CONFIRMED
Aug 22 Lake Oahe - CONFIRMED

2009 SCHEDULE (TENTATIVE-all dates subject to change and state approval)

Doug Bartels, ND-SD Series Director
Full Throttle Walleye Series
701-640-7292
bartels.doug@gmail.com

Call or Email for our Web Site link.

Last edited by B8caster; 04-02-2009 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Old dates needed to be updated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2008, 11:51 AM
Minnow

Default Thanks Muleskinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muleskinner View Post
Brian,
Whats your beef with the WWC? I think Rob is doing a outstanding job with the circuit. If you have a problem don't bash the circuit just go away and leave it be. Don't be part of the problem try being part of the solution.
Thanks Muleskinner, I appreciate the compliment. We are working on 2009, hope to see you there..Merry Christmas
Old 01-28-2009, 07:49 AM
Minnow

Default ND Tournament Dates Confirmed!

I just received the approval for the 3 ND Tournaments. PLEASE NOTE THE CHANGE From Jamestown Reservoir to Lake Ashtabula. The date is also different.

North Dakota

South Dakota

2009 SCHEDULE (TENTATIVE-all dates subject to change and state approval). Our web site is now fully stocked with all new 2009 information. Send me an e-mail and let me know you want the web site address and I will send it to you.

701-640-7292
bartels.doug@gmail.com

Last edited by B8caster; 01-28-2009 at 10:04 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2009, 02:19 PM
Keeper

I must say I'm a bit disappointed in the Devils Lake date. There's a tourney on the river in Bismarck that day, there may still be ice on the lake the way this winter is going, not to mention how very tough the bite will be if there is open water. Maybe next year...
Old 01-30-2009, 07:53 AM
jro1974

Default kennardike

I thought, and said the same thing. Unpredictable weather, unpredictable ice out, spawn. Good luck with that.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:59 AM
Minnow

Default It was a tough call...

Hey go ranger, thanks for the post.

I know, Devils Lake is early but if we wanted to get on Devils Lake this year and not compete with other local or even state-wide tournaments, late April was our best shot. It was the date that seemed to fit in with the rest of our schedules as well as other non FTO tournaments...yet I was unaware of the tournament of which you speak...I had looked into the approved 2008 tournament applications and saw nothing in late April, so I thought I was safe...And as far as ice goes, we are letting everyone know that they should bring augers...just in case.

If I could ask, what tournament is on the river that same weekend? Big Muddy? If it is, I found no web site that indicated they were even having it this year. If they are, maybe I'll have my MN Director come run my Devils Lake tournament and come fish the river...

I am sorry that it won't work out for you this year...and likely some others. We would have loved to have had you. Besides, you can certainly get in on any of the other 5 tournaments we are holding throughout North and South Dakota...and if your into the drive we have 6 tournaments in MN (4 on Mille Lacs), 3 in Wisconsin, and 3 in Illinois.

If anything should change...and it certainly could...I will post it here.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:26 AM
Keeper

The tourney on the river is the Big Muddy. They've never had a website that I know of, but it is a go and I heard the entry forms will be out this weekend. I am planning to fish the August event on Oahe, unfortunately that's the only one that will fit my schedule this year. Do you know which ramp will be used for the Aug. 29th event?
Old 01-30-2009, 11:12 AM
Minnow

Default Oahe landing for Full Trottle

go ranger...

Hey, glad to hear that you'll be part of our Oahe event. At this point we are planning to get teams as far south as possible without having to run the river, so we have set Hazelton as our luanch...of course that could change but we think that's our best location at the moment. Otherwise, our second location would be Grainer Bottoms (Surgar Loaf) or Fort Rice...

As usual, we do appreciate the insights from anglers who likely have far more knowledge than we do regarding the local in's and outs of each location we select to conduct tournaments. No reasonable suggestion or information will be discounted...so I do appreciate your input on Devils Lake and the Big Muddy--sincerely. And best of luck to you on The River this spring!
Old 02-03-2009, 06:54 PM
Minnow

Default Keeping you up to date on things

Hey everyone:

I just wanted to let everyone know that we are kicking into high gear and sending out weekly email bulletins to those of you on our Dakota Series email list. We just sent out our second bulletin with information that we think is helpful to you. These bulletins will include tournament details, local information on travel and lodging, and best of all, incentives for registering and special offers.

Currently we are offering two incentives: 1) FREE Registration Fees from Ranger Boats (restrictions apply) and 2) Premium GIANTS Sunflower Seeds gift packs (restrictions apply). Of course, if you sign up for our mailing list you'll be first to know of these great incentives. Send me your email and I'll get you on the list.

And last but not least, here are the tournament dates for 2009:

North Dakota

South Dakota

2009 SCHEDULE (TENTATIVE-all dates subject to change and state approval). Our web site is now fully stocked with all new 2009 information. Send me an e-mail and let me know you want the web site address and I will send it to you.

701-640-7292
bartels.doug@gmail.com

Old 02-08-2009, 07:01 PM
Minnow

Default Sport Shows we'll be at...

I just wanted to thank those marine dealers who let us promote through their booths during the Fargo and Sioux Falls Boat and Marine Products shows recently. "Thanks"! Also, here is a list of shows where we hope we will have a chance to meet up with you to talk fishin':

February 14-15 Pierre, SD

February 20-22 Bismarck, ND

March 5-8 Fargo, ND

March 12-15 Sioux Falls, SD

Of course, here are the dates for the 2009 Walleye Series for North and South Dakota.

North Dakota

South Dakota

701-640-7292
bartels.doug@gmail.com