Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
2010 Cabelas NTC? - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Old 01-25-2010, 11:41 AM
Minnow

Default I wondered the same thing...

....How do they figure out the number of boats from a series......I know a series that I fished one event, averaged 13-17 boats and they got 5 spots. I believe there were 5 events + a Championship. Couldn't figure that one out. I also made thier championship by finishing 16th in points fishing only one event (top 20 boats go).
NPAA #179

Last edited by finfan8; 01-25-2010 at 11:44 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2010, 05:55 PM
Wallhanger

Default Yep~

Exactly my point!
Old 01-25-2010, 05:58 PM
Slot Fish

This is why I asked the question of how they come up with how many spots clubs get cause I have fished 4 NTC's and after talking to other fishermen at the NTC, they tell me they're lucky to get 20-30 boats per tournament and half of them get to fish the NTC. And here in KS we seem to lose tournament fishermen every year to surrounding states because they get more spots.
PS...My fishing partner and I have enjoyed every NTC tournament and have learned alot...but we're just confused.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2010, 05:07 PM
Charter Member

I certainly don't speak for Cabelas but I don't think there is any hard fast rule.

I remember when the NTC was in it's infancy. There were times after everyone had entered that they came back and offered more spots because they didn't fill. Originally it seemed to be based on number of teams..to some degree. Now I understand there are at least 50 qualifying tournaments and probably more. If each of the 50 sent 5 teams it would fill.

I believe Cabelas is trying to cover as much of the country as they can with the 250 spots. Some who had 15 spots are slowly losing spots due to the large number of qualifying tournaments. We no longer get as many as we did originally but we are grateful for the 1 or two we may get. It is nice to have a minimum of two from each area for travel purposes.

I take it Kansas didn't get that letter where we voted on whether to let them come again after whupping up on everyone in that dirty water????
Old 01-29-2010, 03:44 PM
Slot Fish

Default NTC Slots

I Fish the Nebraska Walleye Association and have noticed our slots dropping as well. We have 200+ members, 7 tournaments that average 50-55 teams and do on an average of 9 kids fishing clinics a year, including special needs clinics. Last year we received 9 slots and this year one less. Then you have another circuit that I know of that doesn't have members, fish 4-6 tournaments a year and receives 10-13 slots. I'm not sure what they received this year. Too me this makes no sense. So I'm just as confused as you are. Also, I think there are many more organizations getting into the program, so they have to cut back to make room for them. For example, I hear that South Dakota has a new circuit this year; so for 2011 they will probably receive slots also?
Old 01-30-2010, 09:38 AM
guest 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLS View Post
Then you have another circuit that I know of that doesn't have members, fish 4-6 tournaments a year and receives 10-13 slots.
They received about half as many spots as in recent years, six or seven I believe