Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
2013 flw - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Old 08-09-2012, 06:58 PM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream View Post
My vote is oahe, devils, redwing or pepin, and anywhere but bago.
Just curious. Why anywhere but Bago?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2012, 07:30 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyn View Post
I'll be interested to see the dates. It would be fun to see something out of Oconto a bit later than it has been recently and Winnebago being in the second slot will be interesting to see where that falls.
I don't think out of Oconto any later is a good idea, way too many dead fish last time, warmer water would only increase that. Bago the last weekend in May would be cool, but also that would be the best time for Oconto. imo
Old 08-10-2012, 04:56 AM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by 620 View Post
I don't think out of Oconto any later is a good idea, way too many dead fish last time, warmer water would only increase that. Bago the last weekend in May would be cool, but also that would be the best time for Oconto. imo
Remember though, this was an unusually, crazy hot summer and the water would actually be cooler up there today by quite a bit. Plus during all that heat the lake was about as calm for as long of a stretch as its ever been. A bit later puts the area north of Oconto in play a bit more around the islands which I think would make it more interesting.....at least different.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2012, 05:05 AM
Slot Fish

Oh if by "last time" you were talking 2011, you may be right as I don't remember the weather being exceptionally hot. I hadn't heard the survival was that low.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:17 AM
Keeper

Yep 2011, and it was.
Old 08-11-2012, 04:24 AM
I Was There

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyn View Post
Oh if by "last time" you were talking 2011, you may be right as I don't remember the weather being exceptionally hot. I hadn't heard the survival was that low.
Traveling long distances in moderately rough water was also a factor affecting the fish mortality rate.
My fish were beat up by the time I got in in spite of our best efforts to prevent that from happening.
Old 08-11-2012, 06:20 AM
Slot Fish

Yea, Good point. I was up there one of the days at least (from what I remember) and there were some rollers.
Old 08-11-2012, 02:23 PM
Minnow

Default Devils Lake Tourney

Just to let you guys no that the water is just about the same level as the last time the FLW was here. I fish this system everyday and I have no problem with the bridges as we speak. I also run a full windshield boat. As goes for old hyw 281, The water has dropped and I cant find a place to cross. I live on the water and all I can say is its down 2 foot. I would guess it will drop another six inches by freeze up.
Old 08-11-2012, 03:23 PM
Charter Member

Question Excuse Me?

I agree with Percheyes about Devils Lake and accessability.
Currently the bridges are a non factor. Unless of course you are fishing walleyes from a sailboat or a pontoon with the canopy up.
As for no big fish in the main lake? If you want to believe that go ahead. Some of us who have been fishing this system almost daily know better.
Sak. would be great IMHO, but don't knock Devils Lake to promote Sak. They both have the own unique merits.
Even if Devil's main lake was the only option, there would still be limits of big fish.
Question? Where did the winners of the last Cabelas / NTC catch their fish? Here is a clue. The answer aint Pelican or East Bay.
The third or fourth week in July at Devils Lake would be incredible.

Pete Harsh / MR.TILLER
Old 08-12-2012, 07:47 AM
Wallhanger

Default High Mortality?

Quote:
Just curious, Do we have any figures on the mortality?? I fish there quite often and this is the first I heard of a big kill after that tourney.

Problem is this has been said before about other areas after a tourney and if there are no facts the info just hurts a tourneys reputation.

My thought is this, I have fished the FLW and AIM on big water touneys the past 4 years and for obvious reasons I have never knowingly lost a fish with AIM and until this year at Escanaba I have NEVER brought in a dead fish for an FLW. I drive my boat hard and fish till the last minute (sometimes longer,lol) and still the fish are well taken care of for weight in (keep cool with PLENTY of water in the well). But I am sure there are some fish that die later after release, I will admit that. But how do we know? Are we guessing ??? Where is the info?? Just curious.
Don Loch #235