Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Aim ???? - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Old 01-21-2013, 08:58 PM
Wallhanger

Default True

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig S View Post
Sigh..... There site has been abandoned i`m a registered user there there forums subjects have been spammed.
Thats a FACT that is not BASHING!!!!!!
I do not know if "abandoned" is the right word but the forums seem to be a mess.
I was quite surprised to find the same thing in their forums.
I am hopeful they can continue because I really think the CRR has merit for the future and without AIM I do not see it continuing.
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2013, 06:34 PM
rpwalleye

Default Aim answers

As one of the shareholders of AIM I thought maybe should add what was told to me this week. I contacted Joe (CEO) and he told me he was let go by board of dir 2 weeks ago. He was very cordial about it but did mention they let him go to save cash. He also mentioned what was happening in the organization but I have elected not to reveal this at this time because that is the board's decision and their job. All of us are wondering when announcement will be made including myself.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:28 PM
Shake

What a shame
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2013, 12:25 PM
Wallhanger

Default sure would be nice

If someone from the AIM board would shed some light on this.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:33 PM
intotalshockanddisbelief

Default Another One Bites The Dust...

It appears all that's left is the official pronouncement of the time of death for AIM, if there ever is an official announcement at all. Unfortunately, another walleye fishing organization apparently has failed.

While I believe that the state of general participation in fishing and boating is fairly stable, the lack of support for larger format walleye fishing events is not all that surprising.

If you look at any fishing publication that is not solely focused on bass fishing or even most general outdoors hunting/fishing magazines you'll notice that the page counts are drastically reduced and that there is a severe lacking of major advertisers. Don't be fooled by the few full page ads you'll see from companies that are sponsors of events owned or administered by the parent organizations of these publications. It's all part of the sponsorship agreement and produces little if not zero actual revenue for the publication. Remember the PWT & Walleye Insider?

The good old days are long gone. I for one am not holding my breath waiting for them to return...
Old 02-01-2013, 01:56 PM
Wallhanger

I was told there is one event planned as of now and there'll be an announcement concerning the future status of AIM very soon.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:17 PM
Shake

Name a magazine that pays any attention to tournament fishing. What is amazing is many people involved are labeled as great “marketing” people...the proof is in the pudding and there’s not much there.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:27 PM
rpwalleye

Default Aim

OK. As I posted last week as a shareholder I really wanted to know what was going on. I was able to contact Brett King who did return my email. The organization is not doing well right now but plans to hold a tournament in Wis this year. Sponsors are all but impossible to get as all circuits know so will be uphill battle. Brett is working day and night to get something going and my hat is off to him for returning my email and for giving so much time to the organization. Some of the other owners did not even have the courtesy to answer me-thank you Brett. He did enlighten me on what group would like to do but I will not reveal all he told me as not my place to. I visited with Terry Wilson and as both of us are from western US why dont you guys try to do something out here-my god look at the money in the Bakken and the incredible huge fish coming out of Missouri river system. Looks like you cant go any worse by beating the lakes in Wis and Minn to death as you have for last 15 years and keep failing at every venue. My opinion. Rod Putnam
Old 02-01-2013, 10:37 PM
Wallhanger

Default glad they are trying

I sure would like CRR to make it.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:45 AM
Wallhanger

rpwalleye,

Rod..........I've thought the same thing about a tournament series out west (Ft. Peck, Sakakawea, Oahe and others in SD as well as the Missouri River itself as an example) myself. Instead of waiting for someone else to make it happen, perhaps it will take a dedicated group to try putting it together.
PM me and we can share ideas.

Karry Kyllo
NPAA#908